Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a big deal but could use some tips or a home remedy

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

I keep getting these painful blackheads around my lip area.  They HURT!  I don't know how to get rid of them.  Any suggestions?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Rav3ness
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM
no idea have you tried a hot/warm cloth? i know that with reg pimples, boil, etc that will bring a head to it to make it easier to pop. i have no idea! hope you find something quick!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

There used to be those nose strips that would take the blackheads out (they worked really well too).  IDK if they still sell them, or if you can use them anywhere other than your nose.  Sorry, I can't help more.  I usually just warm up that area and do my best to squeeze them out.  I hate them.  They're such a pain.  Literally.

grapejelly
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:44 PM

i'd second a hot/warm cloth... even if you aren't going to pop them it might give you some relief

Quoting Rav3ness:

no idea have you tried a hot/warm cloth? i know that with reg pimples, boil, etc that will bring a head to it to make it easier to pop. i have no idea! hope you find something quick!

CafeMom Tickers

LaceyN1121
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:46 PM

i used nutrogena, i know it maybe spelled wrong,then use a follow up ccream that helps them go away same brand its a small tube, im being held down by a 15 pound 3 month old or i would go get it

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM

None, but here's a bump!

Suri2010
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Try washing ur face and pop them out. That's what I do. It tends to work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM
You gotta steam your face. So either fill up your sink with HOT water and put your face over it with a towel over you- its awkward. Or get a nice super warm wet towel and lay with it on your face for 10 minutes. Then let it air dry.
There is also blackhead creams you can get and do that after the warm towel- the warm/steam opens your pours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)