• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did your second birth compare to your first

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM
  • 17 Replies

i was wondering i am pregnant with #2 and have people that swear it is the same (basically unless something goes wrong) and others that simply say everything is diff....so tell my your multiple birth stories how they are similar and how they are different thanks

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
majikalmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:10 PM
My first I was in labor over 49 hours and with my second it was only an hour. My first labor might have been so long since I was induced.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluebunbun
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM

another thing i feel stupid for not understanding is that when people say i was in labor for x amount of time i dont get it.....with dd i started to get contractions at night and 36 hours later she was born but i only pushed 3 times and it took 8 min for her to be fully out when does "labor" begin?

Quoting majikalmama:

My first I was in labor over 49 hours and with my second it was only an hour. My first labor might have been so long since I was induced.

Laureney
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM

It was drastically different for me! My first I was induced (ignorant)  and ended up w/ a c-section. With my second I wanted a homebirth b/c no one would let me VBAC on *my* terms in the hospital.  I went into labor on Saturday night and Monday afternoon (6:30pm) I transferred to the hospital to get an epidural so I could rest for the pushing stage. I hadn't eaten anything and I hadn't slept for 2 nights, I was soooo exhausted and to be honest, not complete all "there". I ended up having him on Tuesday morning at 3:30am....54 hour labor!

I sure hope this one comes sooner, but i will NOT be at the hospital AT ALL...unless a true emergency arises of course.

Chloe_n_Wyatt
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM

I was induced with both of my first 2, with my first labor was just over 12 hours and really hard on my back. I was given cervidil with my first and I think it made it harder. With my second I only got a small pitocin drip to start labor and it only lasted about 5 hours and was no where near as painful.

majikalmama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Well by labor I mean from the time contractions started until the baby was born.

Quoting bluebunbun:

another thing i feel stupid for not understanding is that when people say i was in labor for x amount of time i dont get it.....with dd i started to get contractions at night and 36 hours later she was born but i only pushed 3 times and it took 8 min for her to be fully out when does "labor" begin?

Quoting majikalmama:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilprincesses
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

mine were different!

my 1st i was in labor for abour 13 to 15 hrs and my water broke at home. i sleep almost the whole time and my contractions were in my stomach.

with my 2nd i was in labor for 6 hrs and i was induced. i couldnt sleep when the pain medicine they gave me made me sleepy but the contractions were so strong they kept me awake. my contractions were like real bad menstral cramps i couldnt even sit up to get my epidural they were so low.

Jason Robert 5-30-07 (in heaven)

Abagail "Abbie" Rose 5-10-08 & Katelyn Belle 11-24-09

reelo
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Number one was pretty straight forward, We checked in about 3pm and my water broke there.  We went natural and he was born about 6pm.

Number 2 we were nervous.  I had been having BP issues all through out the pregnancy so I was pretty worried when I went into labor at 36 weeks.  My water broke at home and, luckily we managed a quick delivery because my bp was pretty borderline the entire time.  It was horrid, horrid back labor and I almost gave into the epidural a few times.  He needed some O2 at borth but was healthy enough to go home as normal.

Number 3 (also known as the last) was a crash c-section at 38 weeks (same BP issues but medicated this time), we went in expecting another nice, normal and natural delivery when but when they checked me we were losing his heartbeat with each contraction and it wasn't coming back up.  Full anesthesia and a lovely vertical incision that still aches when I overdue the abs.  His placenta had almost fully abrupted due to him having wrapped his leg in the umbilical cord (we should have known he was trouble then).  He was and is fine however.

All three were completely different and are still completely different kids.

bjw_053109
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:50 PM
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Well my first labor and delivery was fairly easy from start to finish! I had problems but compaired to my second labor and delivery it was nothing. My second child was actually my smallest child and his labor was much more intense and much more painful then my other two!! By far my easiest birth has been my 3rd birth...which occured Friday LOL She was my biggest baby yet my quickest and easiest delivery. I delivered at home on my mother's floor (completly unplanned) and from start to finish my labor was about 2 hrs. It was amazing! Wish every birth was guaranteed that easy!!

mrspreggers14
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Ive been wondering this myself! Heres a bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)