Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby failed newborn hearing test...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM
  • 22 Replies

im still at the hospital...

Kamrynn is healthy and perfect and eating like a champ...

but i guess she failed her hearing test...twice.

anyone elses baby ever "failed" but it was wrong? whats it mean exactly?????

if she was hard of hearing or deaf, i wouldnt mind one bit, i took 4 years of sign language in HS, it doesnt scare me and its the LEAST that could happen, shes healthy.

BUT, im worried- obviously.

i guess she is a tiny jaundiced too...i know nothing about that either haha. She lost 4 oz since birth, so shes down to 6lb 12oz. She really is a peanut, but she is eating and pooping like a champ! so im not worried, neither are they.

..Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mister Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..& Mommy to Miss Kamrynn Clare 6.24.10..

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ek2010
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:22 PM

i don't know what to say because mine passed, but I hope everything is okay with your newbie! :)

fallenfey22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM

did they test on two different days or back to back. Jamie failed his at first but the second time they tested (24 hours later) he passed.

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Quoting ek2010:

i don't know what to say because mine passed, but I hope everything is okay with your newbie! :)

yea my first did too.

they said they will test her tomorrow before we go home.. and if she fails again theyll send us to a hearing doc in 6-8 weeks for a REAL test.

..Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..

majikalmama

Quoting ek2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenfey22

also, I've heard many c-sections babies fail due to excess fluid in their ears...not sure if that's true or not.

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Quoting fallenfey22:

did they test on two different days or back to back. Jamie failed his at first but the second time they tested (24 hours later) he passed.

yeah my nurse said they did it an hour apart...she even said thats probably why.

i dont get that tho haha. But theyll do her tomorrow morning.

..Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Quoting fallenfey22:

also, I've heard many c-sections babies fail due to excess fluid in their ears...not sure if that's true or not.

that could be! it would make sense.

alot of csection babies have alot of flem and ucky they cough or gag up for a while too.

she hasnt much, but Bryley did pretty bad.

..Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..

fallenfey22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:30 PM

yeah, Jamie failed his on one side...then they tested the next day and he passed. I'd hang tight. It could just be that :)

Quoting MommyRJ:

Quoting fallenfey22:

that could be! it would make sense.

alot of csection babies have alot of flem and ucky they cough or gag up for a while too.

she hasnt much, but Bryley did pretty bad.

rebecca_bullard
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:36 PM

ooh. i hope its just the c-section thing and everything goes well tomorrow. Sending you guys good thoughts.

msjoosey1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM
my daughter failed hers twice due to excess fluid in her ear but pass on the third time. so dont worry mama im sure everything is ok. and she had jaundice as well but it went away by week two. she was able to leave the hospital when i did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)