Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls are normally born smaller then there brothers..True or False??

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:58 PM
  • 20 Replies

This completly blows my mind! Here I was always told girls are normally smaller then boys! Well I blew that theory RIGHT out the window. Xavier was 7 lbs 6 oz and 20.5 inches long! Malachi was 6 lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long! But Miss Laylah.....the only one I have succeeded to delivery naturally...came out 7 lbs 9 oz and 21 inches long LOL Isn't that completly unbelievable!!!!

So in my case ......Girls are born smaller then there brothers.....is SOOOOO FALSE!!!!! 

I also find it crazy that my hardest and longest labor and delivery was my smallest child but that my easiest and fastest was my largest child!!  My Doula is right I am just weird....completly bass ackwards!!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chloe_n_Wyatt
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Both my dd and ds were the same size when born 6lb6oz 20 ins long, we should know someday soon what the baby boy will weigh

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Usually girls are smaller but not always, and also I know I have heard that bigger babies are easier births a million times that is why I hate hate hate the big baby excuse that doctors use.  If you think about it, it makes sense a heavier baby will use gravity and surface area to their advantage for getting out faster.  I am in a group where the last few babies born were 10lbers and their labors were 3 and 4 hours that is it.  So I am all about letting baby get a good size to shoot right out. LOL

grapejelly
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM

i don't know but she is seriously adorable :)

HillaryRenee
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:53 PM

OMG, she is sooo cute! I was almost a complete pound bigger than my brother was... but my mom gained a lot more with me too.

gregory2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:55 PM
I think that's going to be the truth in my case. My oldest ds was 8 lb 9 oz. My second son was 7 lb 9 oz. At my growth u/s last wk her est weight was 6 lbs 14 oz wich I know they can b off a lb or so either way, but I don't feel as if she is going to b as big as her brothers I feel she'll b Jus over 7 lbs. We will find out nxt wkend :) btw ur lil one is precious!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Sadie - 8lb 1oz

Hannah - 7lb 12oz

Abigail - 8lb 3(?)oz

Brigham  - 7lb 14oz

Moses - 9lb exactly

Rebekah - 9lb 1oz

False.  Our biggest was our girl.

Welcoming our 6th baby, 3rd home birth and 1st unassisted birth on 2-10-10.

SuperMILFof2
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM

My daughter was 7lbs 9oz, 21 inches.
My son was 7lbs 6oz, 20 inches.

Proud Mommy to Aly and Desmond.

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

i dont think anything like that is ever true!!!

for my mother- myself and my sister were almost 10lbs, both my brothers were 7lbs...so not true.

&&& now for myself----my son was 9.5lbs and my daughter was 7lb even

just gotta remember not every baby or pregnancy is the same. I do know alot of women and studies say pregnancies and labors are different with the sex because of hormone levels. who knows?!

im still shocked my baby is so SMALL this time!!! its amazing to me. lol

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Usually girls are smaller but not always, and also I know I have heard that bigger babies are easier births a million times that is why I hate hate hate the big baby excuse that doctors use.  If you think about it, it makes sense a heavier baby will use gravity and surface area to their advantage for getting out faster.  I am in a group where the last few babies born were 10lbers and their labors were 3 and 4 hours that is it.  So I am all about letting baby get a good size to shoot right out. LOL

i have heard that too....even tho i had a giant first baby- he literally was stuck after HOURS of hard labor....but i think the same thing for sure!!

..Randee..
..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mister Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..& Mommy to Miss Kamrynn Clare 6.24.10..

The_Purple
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM
I have 3 boys and 1 girl. My boys were all in the 6lb range (6.11, 6.3 and 5.8) my only daughter was 9lbs 1oz! She was my second child and paved the way for her 2 younger brothers to practically fly out when I pushed. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)