Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

full moon?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM
  • 19 Replies
So tonight is going to be a full moon, how many of you believe the old wives tale that labor will happen on a full moon? who is hoping that this is true? has this happend to anyone with a previous pregnancy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Loeffel
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM

lol i made a post about this!!!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/11703876/Full_Moon_to_induce_labor_piog

I'm starting to reallly believe it! I'm 39 weeks 1 day and I'm soooo hoping it works for me! I know for a fact that L&D always has extra nurses on shift when there is a full moon!

cadlecr4
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

my two daughters that were vaginal birth were born on a full moon  my 3rd was a c-sect

motherofzandz
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I am 23 wks so hoping nothing happens but am having really apinful braxton hicks all day!!!!! Good luck to the mama's hoping for a baby tonite my cus is 36 weeks so I know she is. She is also measuring way ahead so the doctor told her it just may be enough. My other cousin was 40 weeks and not dialating or anything and doc told her they would induce her the next week she was no where near labor stage. Her water broke that night on a full moon.

VampMommieof3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:12 PM
My water broke on a full moon,and I had my baby 16hours later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chloe_n_Wyatt
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Im hoping that its true, I'm 39w4d and extremely uncomfortable.

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM

It could work for me but Im not quite far enough to think that it will.  BTW its actually not an old wives tale, the full moon effects hormones in children and in fetus' it is known to stimulate the baby to release enough surfucant (sp) and other labor inducing hormones, and it is also know to cause PROM a lot.  I used to be a teacher before I had kids and on full moons they would have huge moods swings because of it.  I think that it is very believable and it has been studied, most hospitals staff up in the ER and l&d on full moons because of it. 

Mommy_2_Blanton
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Im hoping that it works for me. ive been walking every day to try and dialate more. I am 37 weeks and as of this past wednesday i was dialated 3cm and 50% effaced. so im crossing my fingers. im so ready to meet my little girl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting Mommy_2_Blanton:

Im hoping that it works for me. ive been walking every day to try and dialate more. I am 37 weeks and as of this past wednesday i was dialated 3cm and 50% effaced. so im crossing my fingers. im so ready to meet my little girl

just try not to be disappointed if it doesn't work for you.  I am 37 weeks as well and know it might work but am not going to count on it KWIM

Mommy_2_Blanton
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:35 PM
My hopes arent too high but it would be nice so i wont have to have a repeat c-section in 2 weeks

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Quoting Mommy_2_Blanton:

just try not to be disappointed if it doesn't work for you.  I am 37 weeks as well and know it might work but am not going to count on it KWIM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Invader_Tama
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:36 PM

hehe, maybe next month. July's full moon is a few days before my due date. But good luck to everyone that wants tonight to be the night :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)