Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pets

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

I was just wondering how many of you have animals and if those animals have changed since you became pregnant.

We adopted a male cat a year and a couple months ago and he has been closer to me than he has been anyone else. I don't have a problem with that, it is kind of nice to cuddle up to a cat everynight that hubby is at work. But, the last couple months the cat has been very attatched to me. If I go somewhere he is immediately at my feet and climbing on me as soon as I get home and sit down.

Here is my furball.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LaceyN1121
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, 1 cat has become more skittish the other more loveable, 1 dog (old dog) didn't change at all he slept in the bed with me more but thats about it, the other dog is a 16 month old black lab and he became my shadow and tried to be a lap dog....

I had my son about 3 months ago and after he was born they went back to normal except the lab.

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:26 PM
We had to get rid of our kitty when we moved :( But yes, she did get even clingier for a while. When I was preg wit our oldest, a friend had a COMPLETELY anti-social cat. After I got preg he stopped hissing and trying to bite me and would end up in my lap every visit. Hed even fight the other 2 cats for my lap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MetalMamaBB
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM

We adopted an 8 week old English Mastiff puppy back in May. He is the same with me, clings right to my hip. He's sleeping under the desk this very moment, lol. I love him so much, he's a great cuddle bug when my hsuband goes out of town. He's also a great watch dog, very loyal and playful. We adopted this breed specificly because they are supposed to be great family pets and excellent and patient with children.

Javi05Eli07
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Quoting MetalMamaBB:

We adopted an 8 week old English Mastiff puppy back in May. He is the same with me, clings right to my hip. He's sleeping under the desk this very moment, lol. I love him so much, he's a great cuddle bug when my hsuband goes out of town. He's also a great watch dog, very loyal and playful. We adopted this breed specificly because they are supposed to be great family pets and excellent and patient with children.

Mine is too, but that is because I put his little bed under there.  The kids kept messing with him when it was out in the open and he would get mad.  When I am not at the computer he usually sleeps in one of the broken dining chairs.

Mrs.Evans87
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:50 PM

We have a pit and a husky mix and animals always pick up on pregnancies.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I have 4 actually and not really. Tho I will say that my mini doxie DOES follow me around all the time now.. Here she is:

I had just given her a bath, put lotion on her and combed her..

She's my baby girl, here she is again, taken w/my phone..

MEGAN Group MOD

Proud Member of Work It Out Sexy Mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)