Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT ~ Good lord....not what I thought I'd be dealing with 2wks before having baby

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM
  • 2 Replies

About half way through this pregnancy my daughter went to a birthday party and one of the guests had lice.  Sure enough my daughter caught it so I had to go through my house and clean everything to get rid of that issue. 

My husband works at a group home for people with special needs.  The group home purchased a box spring and couch from a yard sale and brought bed bugs into the house.  They must have traveled home with DH in his work bag because now we are dealing with this issue.  Once again I have to go through my house and clean everything!!!  This is even worse than the lice issue because I guess it's really hard to get rid of them. 

All day today I've been packing all our clothing/blankets/towels ect. so I can bring it to the laundry mat and clean them all at once while we have an exterminator come by and spray the house.  This entire ordeal is costing us like $500 between the exterminator and getting mattress covers for all of our beds.

I am a super neat freak and keep my home pretty clean most of the time.  To know that we have had 2 bug issues in the last 9 months is just grossing me out!!!  I'm exhausted and the last thing I want to be doing right now is dealing with this. 

Sorry I just needed to vent that one out!!!  I'm stressing but I guess I brought this onto myself.  I recently said that I needed something to do to keep me busy so the last weeks of my pregnancy would go by quickly.  Guess I don't have to look for anything to do now :(  sigh

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Megara
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Ugh!  I'm sorry, that sounds horribly frustrating!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM

*hugs* I would be going crazy (like litterally) w/bugs!! I'm really scared of them for some reason.. I had lice when I was in Jr High and it took AWHILE for me to get rid of them bc my hair was SO thick!! Good Luck w/your cleaning but try not to work too hard!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)