Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When Do They Normally Turn ' Head Down'?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM
  • 13 Replies

I turn 32wks as of sunday. And at my last appt on tues she told me his head seemed to be on my left side under my rib and his feet are on my right side. So hes like slanted across my tummy. I feel movement to the right of my belly button almost all day. You can feel where is feet (or something) are.. theres a constant bump in the same spot..as if hes stretched out or something. And when he moves it pops out.

So When do they normally turn head down??? When did it happen for you?? 

Isaiah Hunter Moreno- EDD 8/22/2010

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:14 PM

I couldn't actually tell.. I think they start turning head down around 32wks tho..

Tay-Brittnie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I have been swearing up and down that my son has been upside down (as in his head is in my pelvis) since I was 25 weeks.  Well, since this is my first pregnancy and I'm 19, my doctor kept blowing me off.  I went and got a 4-D ultrasound done last Thursday at 29 weeks and HAHA I WIN!  He's not only upside down with his head in my pelvis he's engaged (sp?).  The ultrasound technician said that he can be in any position he wants to be right now, but he's positioned perfectly to begin labor!  Not that I want to go into labor this early but it's AWESOME to be right!  LOL!  Either way, my ultrasound tech. said that it wasn't necessary for him to be head down for another few weeks (again, I'm 29 weeks, almost 30 now), so I wouldn't worry too much.  My baby apparently just likes being upside down.  :)

06NavyWife
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I'm 30 weeks and my baby is head down. She's been head down for a while now. My first DD went head down early too. I don't think you should worry. You're baby is half way there and you still have time left for him to move.

hellenak
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:23 PM

i wish i was getting an ultrasound again!!! i havent had one since 20wks!!! ugh. but she said since hes in perfect health.. i have no reason to go get one. unless i start mesuring under....and im right on target. eerrrr lol

well mine seems very happy to be snuggled in and kicking my bladder. hes like that  all the time. and when i really have to pee..i have so much pressure there i almost cant walk. so im so worried he wont wanna turn!!! lol

MotherRachelle
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:27 PM

I know our daughter turned somewhere around 27 weeks cause I remember being confused because all of a sudden I was getting kicked in the ribs. With this baby boy I'm currently 21 weeks and still getting kicked practically in the crotch. I think somewhere around 32 weeks is when they usually turn but I'm not 100% sure at all. Sounds like your little man is trying real hard to get there though!

hellenak
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:39 PM

i so hope so!!! bc all my movement is in the lower part of my body but mostly on the right side. thats where all of his body parts poke out. lol. i feel like he wants to break out. i havent had any movement or anything in my ribs...but his head pushing...which causes pain on its own. lol

BooBearsMomma
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I am 30 weeks and at my last two appointments she's been head down.

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I am not sure when they usually do. You could try the spinningbabies.com website to try and move your little one.

ginger813
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I'm not sure when the usually turn, but I've been a bit concerned about it myself. Both of my DD's were head down by the time I went in for my 20 week u/s. This little guy, however, likes to be either head up, or completely sideways! I asked my Dr. when they normally turn, and she said it doesn't really matter just yet (I'm 26 weeks), that they don't worry until 36 weeks. I'm really hoping he turns by then!  

doulala
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM

This sounds like a transverse-positioned baby.   He can turn down at any time, but I suggest you try this to help things along.  

Best wishes!

:-)

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)