Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What made you pick the name you've chosen for your little one?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM
  • 11 Replies
What made you pick the name you've chosen for your little one? Any negative or positive feedback from family and friends?

siggi1bmp-1.jpg picture by us5dots

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Chloe West is named after my friend, she is our oldest.  Nevaeh was chosen because I almost miscarried many times, and her middle name is Sunshine is what my mother in law used to call my husband, he was a product of rape, but to her he was her sunshine.  Nevaeh Sunshine.  Jeffery Seth Pacheco JR, is pretty self explanitary.

ashlynsmom14
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 AM

DD is Ashlyn Gayle, Gayle of my mom.

this time we dont have one picked for a boy yet but DH picked Lena Mae for a girl (Mae after his mom) and I love it!

pregnancy
DanielleMason
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:38 AM

My 6 yr old son Zander is named after Zander from General Hospital..had heard the name before but not the spelling..his middle name is Michail (Michael) and its that just cause I liked the way they sounded together..

My 1 1/2 yr old daughter is Calirose Phoenix cause we were going to name her Callie Phoenix Rose but at work one night my hubby came up with Calirose and everyone liked it..took me a little while but I now love it also..

This one is Jaxsen Scott..I couldn't find a boys name I liked so told hubby to and he and kind of his Mom came up with it..Scott is my Dad's first name and he is our life saver so we figured we would name our son after him..initially we weren't going to name any of our kids after anyone but he is our last so we did!!

Sweet_Holly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:40 AM

DS - Caleb (being a strong Proud Jew) & middle name is Daniel cause thats DH 1st name :)

Baby Girl due in Oct will be : Haifa (Fav arabic Singer/ Fav City in Israel & means Delicate) & middle names will be Ayanna ( meaning Beautiful Flower) & Helena (cause My Grama is Helen but her Mom called her Helena) 

My Family loves My Choices in names cause they know & expect them to always be Israeli/Arabic.. but DH fam are iffy .. his mom gets on my nerves cause she always throws this bs you should name your kid this or that.. then I LOL & say nope only my names I choose ;)

❤♥RawR أنا جميل RawR♥❤

Jess0915
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:56 AM

(My first two children were from a previous marriage). My son, who is 13 is Douglas Scott III, obviously after his father and grandfather. My 12 year old daughter is Selena Maria (her dad named her) We call her Lena. I never really like the name Selena, but I like Lena.

This baby will be Annalise Liberty-Rose because Annalise means Consecrated to God and I just like how it's a girly name. Liberty-Rose because my husband wanted Liberty in her name somewhere and I really like the way it sounds with Rose.

Our first Son will be William Joseph III, after daddy. Our second son will be Ian Kristopher after my hubby's commander and a buddy who died in Iraq on his first tour. So, obviously, we're hoping for lots more kiddos! We already have some of them named! :-)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Mia055
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Emmanuel Leon Dupree - emmanuel becuase its a biblical name, leon is my dad's and 2nd brother's middle name, and Dupree is my youngest bro's middle name =)

mrspreggers14
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:25 AM

I had dds name picked out since my freshman year in high school..  She is samantha alice..  I thought sammi would be a cute nickname for a girl and alice is after my grandma..  For this one we THOUGHT we had a name picked out but are now second guessing..  never did get any negative feedback for samantha and when we do pick out a name for this one I dont plan on telling family or friends (besides cafemom friends) because I DID in fact already hear a neagtive thing about the name..  :) 

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:26 AM

Elijah Cole ~ Elijah was the ONLY name we could agree on at the time and w/Cole, I was watching A Baby Story and the person named her son that I fell in love w/it..

Noah Harrison ~ Once again, Noah was a name that we could agree on. Harrison is for Harrison Ford who played Han Solo in Star Wars.. Basically it was Rob's way of getting a Star Wars name in there LOL

MEGAN Group MOD

Proud Member of Work It Out Sexy Mama!

k2cangel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:36 AM
My DD from a previous marriage ia Autumn Nicole, no reason other then I loved it! I've had that namebpicked since I was 12 y/o my mom said I use Tobruk around and say if I ever have a daughter that's her name and sure enough! This one will be Calix Pierce... We could not find a name we both loved and agreed on til one night hubby was goofy around on a baby name site and saw that we both instantly fell in love with it cause it's sooo different, we haven't had one negative comment bout it & Poerce cause it's my brothers middle name and Latin for Peter which is my dads name!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k2cangel
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:37 AM
I noticed at the it spelled pierce wrong lol no "o" in it!

Quoting k2cangel:

My DD from a previous marriage ia Autumn Nicole, no reason other then I loved it! I've had that namebpicked since I was 12 y/o my mom said I use Tobruk around and say if I ever have a daughter that's her name and sure enough! This one will be Calix Pierce... We could not find a name we both loved and agreed on til one night hubby was goofy around on a baby name site and saw that we both instantly fell in love with it cause it's sooo different, we haven't had one negative comment bout it & Poerce cause it's my brothers middle name and Latin for Peter which is my dads name!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)