• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get along with your in laws?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:53 AM
  • 19 Replies

Do you get along with your in laws? or Do you feel forced to be nice?

I cant stand my mother in law and she cant stand me ha ha so we somewhat can agree on one thing. I love and adore my father in law tho.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Totally hit and miss with them, but mostly I grin and bear it.  I want to lash out and say mean things but I bite my tongue.  I am getting more hormonal lately though and its harder to control.  My MIL's brother and his wife I love they are soooo sweet

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I feel forced to be nice..

USMCwife0321
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I am so glad to hear that i am not the only one!!!! I dont like not getting along with her for my husbands sake but i tried for a year and never got any better

MomLuvsTnkrbell
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:58 AM

My first in-laws are more like family to me than anyone other than my kids and husband.. now though.. my current husband's parents are deceased. My parents passed last year... both of them... so neither of us have any in-law problems to worry about.

mlssgaede
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:03 AM

Yep your just like me i absolutely LOVE my FIL but my MIL is a crabby old hag and we have a mutual hate relationship but play nice for my hubby and the kids.

USMCwife0321
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:06 AM

LMAO i love your choice of words i would have said a lil worse but that will sum it up ha ha ha

Quoting mlssgaede:

Yep your just like me i absolutely LOVE my FIL but my MIL is a crabby old hag and we have a mutual hate relationship but play nice for my hubby and the kids.

xoxosweetie1566
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:14 AM

I used to think I did and then I got pregnant...then she got crazy and I know I did I dont know how much of it is my hormones but she stopped caring completely about me and got like super crazy obsessive of her son!!! Like inviting herself and there whole family over my house last minute when I am 38 weeks preggo and sick as a dog....which they knew and stayed until 1 am!!! sorry I had to vent! But I used to kiss her ass and I have tried soo hard by spending every holiday with his family and ditching mine..but NOMORE!!! I am done trying

cheffiecms
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:18 AM

My MIL is trying to lasso my husband with the umbilical cord LOL. Since he cut it when we got married I'm to blame for him not being a mommas boy anymore. She's pretty horrible to me but luckily after so many years my husband stands up for me because he knows I won't take it anymore. This is our first baby and when we called to tell her it's a girl she said "Oohh (in a really depressing way) it's a girl? We wanted a boy, OH WELL, maybe next time" seriously?!!! It's our first baby, we are super excited no matter what it is. Makes me not want to let her near the baby when she gets here! I love my FIL though, he could not be more excited! 

xoxosweetie1566
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:22 AM

yeah I can understand this my df*s mother asked how big they think the baby is gonna be and when I said shes gonna be a chunky one..she got really dissapointed and said oooo I like tiny, skinny babies..its like FINE DONT TOUCH MY CHUNKY BABY THEN!!!grrrr and we worked really hard on the babys room and instead of just saying it looked cute..all we got was ooo its so small and cluttered..I mean WTF?!?!?!

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

USMCwife0321
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:22 AM

OMG this sounds just like mine.I kissed her ass so much in the beg and then i got pregnant and she is just crazy. My husband is deployed and she claims the whole time he has been gone i am disrespecting her ha ha ha ok lemme just say we live in diff. states and she had never even contacted me to see how i am or the baby. THEN to top it all off she went on facebook and made me look like a fool to all my friends and family saying that i am racsist and ignorent lol My husband is half mexican and my son will be to so how am i racsist??? She then ran to my husband and told him to get rid of me... Ugghhh well there was my vent lol I wish i could pay her to leave us alone ha ha ha thats mean huh but oops i dont care

Quoting xoxosweetie1566:

I used to think I did and then I got pregnant...then she got crazy and I know I did I dont know how much of it is my hormones but she stopped caring completely about me and got like super crazy obsessive of her son!!! Like inviting herself and there whole family over my house last minute when I am 38 weeks preggo and sick as a dog....which they knew and stayed until 1 am!!! sorry I had to vent! But I used to kiss her ass and I have tried soo hard by spending every holiday with his family and ditching mine..but NOMORE!!! I am done trying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)