Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

?!?Birth Control?!?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM
  • 20 Replies

What type of birth control are you using after baby if any and why.  Im getting my tubes tied and my MIL thinks im crazy because im only 21. Im 37 weeks now and i have a 3 year old and an 18 month old. It seems like i ive been for the past 4 years is pregnant. What do you tihnk?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunshinemama86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:17 AM

personally i think you are a little young too but its your body i would just hate for you to want one more baby and not be able to. i am 24 and my dr wont do that even if i wanted. all i can say is really think about it first.

oh and dont get the depo shot thats what i got at my 6 week check up and wont be getting it ever again the side affects are awful. i think we will just be using condoms for awhile.

Mikelas_Mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:20 AM

I'm thinking of getting my tubes tied too since we will have a girl and a boy and I'm happy with 2...but I'm only 23 so I'm still thinking about it. I used Mirena after DD and it was great for the first year then I started gaining weight and it became dislodged which hurt VERY bad. My cousin got Copper T and she loves it. She's had Mirena too and she says Copper T is much better. In the end it's your body and your decision.

Allie01
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I had the Mirena IUD and had a lot of problems with depression, anxiety, mood swings and weight gain. I got it shortly after having my daughter so they thought it had a lot to do with the post partum depression I suffered with anyway but the problems never got any better. Any depression medication I would be on would only work for a little while and then lose effect. I have heard others had great experiences with the IUD but I just thought I would tell you my experience in case you get it and get similar symptoms.

chadsmom05
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:33 AM
pill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momsthename0609
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:39 AM

I want to get my tubes tied too, only because it doesn't matter what I use I end up pregnant. Pill, condom, Mirena(ended up miscarrying). I think that if I have another I will be done. I have been told that I will regret it too, but honestly I don't think I will. I want to go back to college and I can't do that if I keep having kids. When I am done school if I want more kids I will just adopt, foster or babysit. 

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I'm not too sure actually, we have done our research on hormonal birth control, and knowing what we know now we are orry we ever used it, so I'm leaning more toward natural family planning.

rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM

i just got the paragard IUD and it has no hormones and lasts for 10 years..so that is a good alternative, i'm 21 and would never consider getting them tied but who knows if i will want another in 10 years.

lette_with_2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM

i was on the ortho evra patch before i got prego and that what ill be on after bfing

lette_with_2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:49 AM

really you can get your tubes tied at 21, where i live you have to be 25 or have 4 kids

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I've heard though of people getting pregnant on those, then when they go to remove it because most time they have to it causes a miscarriage????? Did they say anything about that when you got it???

rileysmommy229:

i just got the paragard IUD and it has no hormones and lasts for 10 years..so that is a good alternative, i'm 21 and would never consider getting them tied but who knows if i will want another in 10 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)