• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little annoyed...with baby shower

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM
  • 97 Replies

I will post pics up later of me and my baby shower....but first I just wanted to let you guys know that  I was shoecked at all the unwarranted baby clothes we received! We got clothes on top of clothes and barely any baby items that we really need! We got so many clothes and books (which I did want the books) so that was fine. However people seemed to just disregard the registry I made completely and buy outfits that they wanted my baby to have (some were hideous!) I am thankful for the shower, but for some reason I felt a little slighted---when I go to showers I buy people things off of the registry, I figure that they made a registry for a reason and I should get waht was on it. I have heard so many moms say ("OH I got everything off my registry!") WTH? How does that happen, cause I barely got anything off of mine! Maybe I would have gotten more if I did not register at BBB, people seem to like all the other baby retailers better, but I thought I had the right to choose whatever store that I wanted?!?!??! I will be exchanging a lot of outfits and items that I would NEVER buy for my baby....ugh and now I also have so many big ticket items to still purchase. I am not ungrateful I did get our high chair, baby monitor, and humidifier, but no swing, no bouncey seat, no car seat, no BOTTLES AT ALL!  NOT ONE BOTTLE! Are you serious, just clothes on top of clothes...and I have to be gracious and nice and thankful for all of it....even my DH thought some of the clothes were just super ugly LOL !

BTW my DH did all the planning and set up for the party with the help of my mom and MIL, and matron of honor from our wedding.....his MOM (was over an hour late and all the stuff she was supposed to do she never did, and she left early)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chadsmom05
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:31 AM
just exchange the clothes for what you need
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cadlecr4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Id just be greatful for what I got.  Some people have to buy everything themselves.

Allie01
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Well hopefully you got receipts with most of the clothes so you can return then and use the money to get some of the stuff you need! With my baby shower for DD I got a lot of clothes too, a lot of stuff that I thought was really ugly. But luckily I was able to exchange it for stuff I wanted. Sorry it wasn't the shower you were hoping for Mama!!

Jena003
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Sorry you disappointed. I would just return and get a credit for everything I do not want and get what I need. 

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Wow, well I'm not even getting a shower so I'd have been happy any how! oh and the registry is just a suggestion.

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Im sorry :( I know how you feel.......   I would just return the clothes you dont want and use that money or giftcards to purchase what you do need :)

nily
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I dont believe in registries for that reason I know my family and friends are too lazy to look at them and buy from them. I dont do it either LOL. I know most people preffer to buy things in the stores of thier preference. To avoid getting repeat gifts or things I dont want I write on a side of the invitation that gifts are not requierd (so they dont get offended lol) BUT in case they want to give the baby something ---------- and I write what I want or need. Usually works GREAT with my family and they buy them. You wont always get EVERYTHING you need in a baby shower. Is just a little help you get with the baby items but dont expect to get everything you need and like because that just wont happen. With my DS Baby Shower I got stroller, car seat, diapers, cothes, wipes, blankets and more but I dint got esential things like burp clothes, bibs, baby lotion and powder. I use everything they gave me although I dint like some of the stuff.

Sweet_Britt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Yeah, ya see, Im not getting a baby shower, so I'd just be REALLY thankful I have mounds and mounds of clothes to exchange for whatever I liked or whatever I needed....

Not a whole lotta concern or sympathy from me chica! LOL

Silvia1011
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I know how you feel :)  And I don't think you sound ungrateful.  I took the time to make my registries at walmart and babies r us, and only a couple people bought things off the registry. Most of the stuff I received did not have receipts and the diapers given to me were brands I didn't want to use.  But I will use them anyway until they run out.  I received a TON of blankets and clothes of course :P  But diapers and wipes were in abundance too, so I can't really complain about that.  I was able to return a couple things and get baby bottles and a safety kit... stuff that I needed.  I hope you're able to exchange some stuff too :)

mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:45 AM
A lot of people do not buy big ticket items (or from what I noticed) I got lucky and got a lot of the things I needed and lots of hand me downs. I will see with the baby shower:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)