Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please read, need some advice asap. (TMI)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so last night me and dh did the deed. Anyways I cramped really bad all night long and was up freaquently using the bathroom. anyways here t is 10 am and I am starting to spot its not like a brownish blood like old blood but its bright red. Do you think this could be from the sex? Or should I go get checked out? BTW Im 37weeks

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM
At the end of my last pregnancy if we had sex I would spot a little.my doc said as long as it wasn't bright red it was ok.just to relax for a while after having sex
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Britt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Oooh, Im not sure hun!!

BUMP, I hope someone knows!!!

ArmyWifeMamaRN
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I'd call your dr. Bright red blood isn't always bad but isn't always good. I actually went into labor having sex but I had already lost my mucous plug. IMO call your doctor maybe she might want you to go in and get checked out.

grapejelly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM

BUMP!

2inblue
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM

I know that towards the end of the pregnancy, your cervics is really soft and sensitive.  Usually sex and getting a check from your DR will make you spot.  Happens to some, not all.  If you do go in to see your DR, by him checking you, will probably irritate you more which will mean you will bleed more.  If it's a spotting, I would give it until monday morning to see if it stops, most likely it will, unless it gets to be a period like bleeding, thats not good.  I have been through this alot in my pregnancies and was always told the same thing but trust your body and judgement.

doulala
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM

If it were me, I would only put on a pad and try and watch it...

IF it seems to be getting worse call in.   But otherwise it's probably normal pregnant-sex cervical irratation.

;-)

Good luck!

majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM
I agree with a pp I would call because bright red isn't always good and isn't always bad. Rather be safe then sorry imho. GL mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathersRich
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:36 AM
At 5 mo pregnant hubby and i had sex and we ended up in a puddle of bright red blood that looked like i had gotten my period. It was 3 in the morning so i waited and called the nurse when they got in. She said is was a soft cervix and as long as it didn't get worse and stopped spotting in a day or so not to worry.
your probably fine but it never hurts to call if it will ease you worry.
Sorry for the TMI.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM

yea I would go get checked..... typically red is not good BUT you are 37 weeks so it could be the start of something....

Quoting ArmyWifeMamaRN:

I'd call your dr. Bright red blood isn't always bad but isn't always good. I actually went into labor having sex but I had already lost my mucous plug. IMO call your doctor maybe she might want you to go in and get checked out.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

amy31308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM

COuld have just irritated your cervix. I wouldn't worry unless the bleeding gets heavy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)