Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant believe how mean she is. VENT!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 14 Replies

Well I had never get along well with my mom but what she did the other day was HORRIBLE! A few days ago my mom pick up my DD to spend some time with her during the summer, like she always does because my DD is ''HER FAVORITE'' although she have other 3 grand kids. I dont see that as fair but I have to admit my DD LOVES her and always have a good time with her. I let my DD go with her that she lives far from us like 2 hours distance from our house with the condition that she had to be here before July 10th  because is my Baby Shower and I want my DD to be with us. My mom said it was ok and agree to bring my DD back home on June 30th and ask me what I needed so she could buy me a gift for the baby. I told her she could bring clothes or diapers because it was going to be a ''CLOTHES & DIAPERS SHOWER'' she said ok and agree to buy the baby some clothes. Well the doctors call me last Monday that I needed to take my DD to the clinic because they wanted to run some test and do her some evaluation you know routine for the Special Education Program that my DD is in. I explain she was away with her grandma and they insist they have to be now for her to qualify for the therapy and help they give her. So I call my mom and said to her that she need to bring my DD a little sooner and I explain her why. She got piss off at me because she dint got to be with my DD till June 30th and made a HUGE drama about it. I told her it wasn't fair because it wasn't my fault and I thought she was there enough time I mean since May 20 is plenty of time so I dint see her point. Well when my DD came home she had a gift bag and said '' Grandma said she isnt coming to the Baby Shower because you are a bitch and here is the stupid gift'' My DD looked sad. I told my DD that she shouldn't repeat the dirt that comes out of my mom's mouth and took the present. When I opend it I almost faint. She put a lot of hand me down clothes that was dirty old and even with some holes. My DH saw that and wanted to kill her lol. My DD said that some of the clothes was given to her from a friend and other she got them at a thrift store (apparently a bad one) I even got a piece of clothes with the security tag on. My DD said that my mom did that on purpose to annoy me and make me feel like crap. I haven't seen or speak to my mom yet because I'm so angry that I know I will disrespect her. And the worst part is that she leave me messages on my machine like nothing happend.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christine.r2624
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM

omg. what a bitch. how old is your DD? and also, did you mean since May 20 or June 20? because if she had her from MAY 20 that was over a MONTH! and even if not, she had her for a week!

nily
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM

She had my DD since May 20.

Quoting christine.r2624:

omg. what a bitch. how old is your DD? and also, did you mean since May 20 or June 20? because if she had her from MAY 20 that was over a MONTH! and even if not, she had her for a week!

majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM
Wow I'm sorry mama. My father is somewhat like that he feels the world has to revolve around him. Hugs mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I don't think I would be letting her go stay with grandma for a long time.

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

The clothes part wouldnt piss me off but, the fact that your DD is involved in this, does! The children should never be pulled into the middle of this drama

nily
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Right and my DD is a girl with special needs what make it worse for me. I thought this could be something good for my DD and my mom ruin it.

Quoting sparklebug86:

The clothes part wouldnt piss me off but, the fact that your DD is involved in this, does! The children should never be pulled into the middle of this drama

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM

wow, I wouldn't send my kids anywhere that someone disrespected me.Even if it was my mom.  Sorry hun ((((hugs))))

VampMommieof3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM
Ahww. Its okay hunny. Let your mom act 5. Just ignore it and move on :).
*hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Wow, if your mother calls, I would suggest not answering her calls, and not responding to her. That should get your point across, I'd be so pissed if my mom did something like that, how dare she get a child involved. It couldn't be helped. I also wouldn't let your DD go visit grandma anytime soon. If you do choose to speak to your  mother, I would tell her if she can't say nice things in front of your DD, then she will not be seeing her without you or you husband around. 

pacificamom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:01 PM

If my mom uhm....encouraged my kids to swear or disprespect me--she wouldn't get to see them--no question. She's your daughter and I find it odd that she wouldn't want "her favorite" to get the therapy she needs. Set your boundaries and don't let that negativity infect you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)