Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent. birthday yesterday... I know I sound selfish

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM
  • 17 Replies

Yesterday was my birthday and my Dh and I went to Damons. Why Damons? Because he won a 50 gift certificate to there. Which was great but my point is, it was a free dinner.  He didn't get me anything else. He bought me a stupid pandora braclet for christmas because my best friend told him that'd be a good idea. Well I always made comments about how stupid they were but he got me one anyways because my friend was at the store and got it for him so he didn't even have to leave to go get it. NOW I wanted another braclet.. one that in order for it to look cute you wouldn't have to buy charms to put on it. Well it's now almost July and I only have THREE charms on my braclet.  And one of which was bought by my friend.He was supposed to buy me one when I had Emma (a little girl one) but he never did.

I didn't get anything for valentines day, I didn't get anything for mothers day, and now I didn't get anything for my birthday (I wouldn't have gotten anything for christmas if it wasnt for my friend who was at the store and called him and asked him if he wanted him to buy it). I'm really starting to feel insignificant. When I was growing up my dad bought me something for my birthday, for christmas, for valentines day, and sometimes just when he wanted to. ( I had 4 brothers and was the only girl, so I was slightly "spoiled") And now I'm married to the cheapest man ever who can't even buy me a freaking pandora charm for my birthday. I'm ready to sell it because it looks stupid and I really don't even like it. But my point of this post isn't because of the braclet.. I'm so tired of feeling insignificant.

I became a stay at home mom and since I quit my job we don't have a whole lot of extra money. When I was working I was able to buy what I wanted, go out to lunch with friends when I wanted, and whatever else. Well now that I am doing whats best for our children, I have nothing extra. WHICH IS FINE. That's the sacrifice I chose to make to stay home with them. But I would have thought I would have at least got a birthday present. Would it really have been that difficult to stop somewhere after he got off work to get me a gift?! I know I have to sound really selfish, I swear I'm not. I just feel unappreciated and I'm tired of not feeling special. He doesn't do anything to make me feel special.

He is a GREAT husband and a WONDERFUL father, but I can't help but sit here and cry because there is no romance, and he doesn't know how to do thoughtful things for me.

And I'm starving right now. We had nothing to make for breakfast except muffins, so I started to make muffins but for some reason our cupcake pan is all rusted  and one is missing. And that just grossed me out so I threw it away. So I hinted to him that would just just go to the cafe and get breakfast. He said no we're not doing that. So now I'm just waiting until 2  until we have a cook out at my grannys house. (literally we have no other breakfast food or food that are just quick to make)

(and no, I'm not pregnant so it's not my hormones lol)

Our 2nd wedding anniversary is on July 5... and I know I'm going to be just as sad because it wasn't anything special to him last year.

*sigh*

Okay bash away, I know it's coming. :( but I HAD to get this off my chest... I have no one else to talk to about it.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Britt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:32 AM

No bashing from me mama!

I'd be really frustrated if it felt my feelings were totally on the back burner! Breakfast in the morning would have made me more angry then the bracelet would have! That he just figures you can wait until 2 and eat there?

Screw that, I'd grab the keys and go get something. Even from just the gas station to eat. Just because he can wait until 2, doesnt mean YOU need to! 

majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:34 AM
Aaawww mama I hope things get better between you guys. I think you should sit down and explain how you feel. Guys do not always know they are being jerks. Hugs mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM
I agree with this also.

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

No bashing from me mama!

I'd be really frustrated if it felt my feelings were totally on the back burner! Breakfast in the morning would have made me more angry then the bracelet would have! That he just figures you can wait until 2 and eat there?

Screw that, I'd grab the keys and go get something. Even from just the gas station to eat. Just because he can wait until 2, doesnt mean YOU need to! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

And the thing is.. the cafe is  just a little resteraunt in town (we live in a SMALL town) The breakfast I get is literally.. 2.99. Two eggs, bacon and pancakes. So we could have eaten there for under 10 dollars. =\ but he's out cleaning out the vehicles and washing them so I CAN'T leave.

Quoting Sweet_Britt:

No bashing from me mama!

amy31308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I have before. I have told him that little things mean the most to me and I enjoy getting something for birthdays and significant days, and I wish he's do things to make me feel special. But it never helped. So I don't want to talk to him again about it because I feel it's pointless and I'll just get more frusterated.

Quoting majikalmama:

Aaawww mama I hope things get better between you guys. I think you should sit down and explain how you feel. Guys do not always know they are being jerks. Hugs mama.

lovegrace222
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM

hugs

MrsMatthiesen
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Have you ever sat down and talked to him about it? If so does he just not get the point? I hope that maybe if you haven't had a talk with him that you can and he will see how hurt you are. Tell him you would love even some flowers. I know I would. I hope things get better for you.

MrsMatthiesen
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Okay I just read a reply. Well the only thing you can do is keep telling him. Stop getting him things I guess.

amy31308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was last year around my birthday or anniversery I talked to him but it never got better.

And he always got me SOMETHING when we were dating, even if it was just flowers, which are great to me. Now, it's literall nothing.

Quoting MrsMatthiesen:

Have you ever sat down and talked to him about it? If so does he just not get the point? I hope that maybe if you haven't had a talk with him that you can and he will see how hurt you are. Tell him you would love even some flowers. I know I would. I hope things get better for you.

amy31308
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Yeah, for his birthday I bought him a 100 dollar pair of nike shox. And then after mothers day I was just like whatever screw it. And I didn't get him a card or anythign for fathers day and I'm done getthing him things, although, I'm sure it won't bother him.

I almost feel as if he holds resentment for me being a SAHM because he can't go out and buy atv's adn stupid things like that now. BUT I refuse to leave my kids right now to go work so he can have "toys".

Quoting MrsMatthiesen:

Okay I just read a reply. Well the only thing you can do is keep telling him. Stop getting him things I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)