Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sharp pain in... well... you know what area (could be TMI to some)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

So what's up with the sharp stabbing pains in my vagina?  they come and go... nothing steady (like relatable to a contraction)...

they hurt though... any ideas?

the baby has dropped, and I'm having some FUN hip, pubic bone, and tail bone pain from that, but this stabbing pain is from inside the vagina... maybe cervix area?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:15 PM

yep its your cervix, the baby is putting pressure on it and it hurts, usually when they wiggle their head or kick you will get them bad, it is also likely your cervix effacing from the pressure. 

grapejelly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:17 PM

ooo, i like to hear that part about effacing :)

i'll take any pain that means things are progressing!

Quoting truealaskanmom:

yep its your cervix, the baby is putting pressure on it and it hurts, usually when they wiggle their head or kick you will get them bad, it is also likely your cervix effacing from the pressure. 

CafeMom Tickers

grapejelly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:07 PM

BUMP!

abra
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM

could be a pinched nerve. I get them too, and I'm only 21 weeks. They hurt like a....yeah, well, they hurt.

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:06 PM

could be cervical change!!!!!! Yay!

kimwilson16
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I started having these today. I never had them with my other three. I am only 31 weeks 5 days though. They are really uncomfortable though. I have never gone into labor on my own, so I would not know what to expect.

CafeMom Tickers
mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I had the same thing happen to me and I thought that I was the only one! Someone tried to tell me it was because of sex and I'm like. We do not have it that often maybe 2 times a month so I KNOW it's not that. Glad someone else responded that knew what they were talking about. Now I know too! Thanks.

Juliusmom2
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I thought I was the only one, Yes it hurts, I figured it was the baby getting himself ready to come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)