• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH SCIATICA!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

I woke up last night in the middle of the night to pee and I got outta bed and BAM..I fell straight to my knees from the killing pain that shot through my right leg and butt cheek as soon as I put weight on it! OUCH! That was soooo painful!

I'm so sick of the sciatic nerve pain..it's probably my worst pregnancy side effect!

Heather, girlfriend to Adam for 3 years and soon to be mommy to Cameron Douglas Tauer!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
grapejelly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM

ooo that is bad!  i hope it eases up for you

LiznShelk
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I've had that happen a few times when I get up to use the bathroom. Sometimes it makes it hard to sit down to even go to the bathroom lol. I luckily haven't had it consistanly though. Hopefully yours lets up for you.

HeatherDyan1028
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Haha yeah it's pretty painful! I'm surprised I made it to the bathroom because I could have seriously stayed on the floor the rest of the night..I hopped :)

Quoting grapejelly:

ooo that is bad!  i hope it eases up for you

Heather, girlfriend to Adam for 3 years and soon to be mommy to Cameron Douglas Tauer!

dodeem
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I had this with my second pregnancy! I remember it hurt so bad that I couldnt lift my left leg to walk at one point! UGh! Im so sorry you are going thru this. A belly band that had the support around ur neck helped relive mine sometimes! Not all the time! This is my forth and I'm already having some sciatic pain at 11 weeks! Im really worried it's gunna get worse. It hasnt gotten debilitating but its at the point of at the end of the day, it hurts to lift my legs and climb in bed. I so hope you get relief! I remember how bad of pain this is! hugs!!

HeatherDyan1028
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Yeah it's not constant for me either but the further along I am the more frequent it happens! It really sucks!

Quoting LiznShelk:

I've had that happen a few times when I get up to use the bathroom. Sometimes it makes it hard to sit down to even go to the bathroom lol. I luckily haven't had it consistanly though. Hopefully yours lets up for you.

HeatherDyan1028
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I started getting it around 10 weeks and since I'd never experienced it before I thought for sure I'd pulled a muscle or damaged a nerve because the pain just shoots from my butt cheek down my leg! Then I looked it up and talked to my doc about it and she said it was the pressure the baby was putting on my sciatic nerve and I was like wow that really sucks because she said it wouldn't go away till the baby was born and to try a heating pad..that really never worked out to much and now it's to the point to where I get it..I can't walk..It's terrible!

Quoting dodeem:

I had this with my second pregnancy! I remember it hurt so bad that I couldnt lift my left leg to walk at one point! UGh! Im so sorry you are going thru this. A belly band that had the support around ur neck helped relive mine sometimes! Not all the time! This is my forth and I'm already having some sciatic pain at 11 weeks! Im really worried it's gunna get worse. It hasnt gotten debilitating but its at the point of at the end of the day, it hurts to lift my legs and climb in bed. I so hope you get relief! I remember how bad of pain this is! hugs!!

MomNtheRes
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Oh, I'm so sorry! Mine has started bugging me just a bit since I've actually been able to get up and about, but I pop a tylenol and that helps for a bit. Wish I had more advice, I know there isn't much that can be done till he gets outta there- sorry mama! 

MommyClark9620
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:35 PM
I'm almost 15 weeks with baby #2 & I completely understand! I deal with this all the time! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)