Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it true?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

that your second labor (for the most part) is like half as long as the first? and also what exactly do people mean when they say labor? from the start of my contractions till my dd was out it was 36 hours i was in the hospital for about 4 or 5 hours before she was out after they broke my water it was maybe 2 hours and i pushed for 8 min.....so when does "labor" start..............i moved and my doc is now 55 min away (or so google map says) should i worry??

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
grapejelly
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM

BUMP!

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:48 PM

no some labor are longer some are shorter, generally your first is your longest, but I know plenty of people who had longer 2nd and 3rd labors.  It really depends.  Usually they say it is about 4 hours shorter because early labor seems to go faster. 

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:57 PM

so when people are saying things like this they mean labor starts when real contractions do?

Quoting truealaskanmom:

no some labor are longer some are shorter, generally your first is your longest, but I know plenty of people who had longer 2nd and 3rd labors.  It really depends.  Usually they say it is about 4 hours shorter because early labor seems to go faster. 

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Quoting bluebunbun:

so when people are saying things like this they mean labor starts when real contractions do?

Quoting truealaskanmom:

for the most part, I also think that some people just don't notice the early labor stuff or equate it to pregnancy discomfort etc.  Some however do have the rocket labors 

abra
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:09 PM

I'm not sure because my first was induced. My second labor was 8 hours total, but the pushing stage was way shorter then my first. With #1 I pushed for 15  minutes, with #2, I pushed twice!

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:11 PM

No,  One of my quickest labors was my 1st and my 7th.  My 3rd labor was days. It was crazy long.

JuneWestling
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:13 PM

4 hours shorter? I'll not even have a warning then :(

Quoting truealaskanmom:

pregnancy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)