Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT....when to put him in a toddler bed.....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:00 PM
  • 21 Replies

DS has been trying to climb out of his crib and gets his legs stuck in between the bars (I just noticed a huge bruise on him).  He has just started to walk on his own but its not 100% stable yet....

My mom said they need to be potty trained first, although im not sure why that is.

When would be a good time?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmomofJena
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM

my dd is 2 1/2 and has been in a twin bed for 6mths now, she does great only fell out once- one side is on a wall so she has some support, and she isn't potty trained yet

YoRkIeMaMa2009
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Both of mine were in toddler beds at 11 months and my youngest just started 3 months ago. I say when they start jumping out like mine did it's time. And I'm sorry but neither of mine are potty trained so that remark is just silly. lol

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

Mare1180
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:37 PM

we put my son in a toddler bed with rails at 18 months old and he did great. like your son he was climbing out and i was afraid he would hurt himself. he also wasnt potty trained yet. good luck mama

Mikelas_Mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

We put DD in a toddler bed when she turned 2. She isn't potty trained yet. If you're using a toddler bed you can use the same crib mattress and ours has a waterproof lining and we still use the fitted crib liners too so I don't see why they would have to be potty trained. And most toddler beds have guard rails on the top half that connect with the headboard so they can't fall off. DD has never fallen out of hers.

mama63640
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM
Dd was in a toddle bed at 16 months old and is still in it she is going to be seven and we have been trying to find a twin bed that she likes but have not found one yet she wants a race car or a bunk bed but if we would get the bunk bed it has to have a slide on it, we are starting to take her out of the toddle bed cause of her heighth and now her weight but your son is still to young yet for a toddle bed one he is not stable walking yet two he is only a year old wait until he is stable walking and they dont have to be potty trained
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofone123
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I have a 19 month old and I've been wondering the same thing so here's a bump!  :)

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I put my son in his toddler bed at 15 months. He did great. He was walking and was not potty trained.

My daughter is 18 months and we brought down her toddler bed yesterday but she shares a room with my son and she is not ready to get in and sleep in it like her brother was.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM

for real?

Quoting mama63640:

Dd was in a toddle bed at 16 months old and is still in it she is going to be seven and we have been trying to find a twin bed that she likes but have not found one yet she wants a race car or a bunk bed but if we would get the bunk bed it has to have a slide on it, we are starting to take her out of the toddle bed cause of her heighth and now her weight but your son is still to young yet for a toddle bed one he is not stable walking yet two he is only a year old wait until he is stable walking and they dont have to be potty trained

majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:49 PM
I don't remember exactly but I know he was able to walk just fine and he was not potty trained when we first put him in. He is 2.5 now and he was just potty trained.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Now is a good time. I always put them in a toddler bed when they climb out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)