Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not scared of labor but Im scared of....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM
  • 27 Replies
Ok so as some of you might know Im being induced tonight, and my wholr family is laughing at me and saying Im weird because I am having anxiety attacks about getting the damn IV. Before anyone says i dont have to get an iv I have gbs and Feel safer getting the antibodics. I also plan to have a pain med/epidural FREE birth. And I getting laughed at because Im scared of what they say is a tiny little prick. Anyone else dont do needles very well?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:26 PM

OMG , hun I am the SAME!!! I did however opt for the epi though!! lol I just had blood work the toher day and waited until the last minute to get it because I was scared!! lol AND this is my FOURTH kid, so yeah if I can shoot out three kids the size of cantalopes out something the size of a strawberry, and get a HUGE needle in my SPINE I'd be fine but nope!! lol Just breahte in as deep asyou can when thy stick you and push all that breath and stress out after!!!:) And remember your motivation is you will see your baby tonight or tommorow am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

DaniJones86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:31 PM
lol. last time i got an iv, for my last kid, i threw up while they were doing it. yep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:37 PM
That is a normal fear hun. Just try and think about your bundle of joy you will be able to hold after. GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chadsmom05
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:38 PM
i went in thinking ivs were gonna be aweful, but i guess i had it so bad in my head that i didnt even feel it when they did it.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALLYMAMA1105
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I am terrified of needles. With my first baby the worse thing i remember was them giving me the iv. but i really get sick and faint sometimes when i have to get blood taken or have an iv. I have opted for drug free deliveries for all my kids because of my fear

kayla19216
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:42 PM

ohhhh i am the same way. i absolutly hate hate hate hate hate hate needles!!!! i did fine for the iv but that was me looking away and having a lady comfort me and know what she was doing. as for the pain med, i had a c section unfortunatly so i had the spinal it didnt hurt hurt but it wasnt comfortable either. it almost made me pass out actually. i was having hot flashes the whole nine yards. laying up on the operation table is when it all sunk in, this is really happening. then my dd came out and i didnt believe she was mine lol, it all happend sooooo fast, i said noooooo way!!!!! haha, but congrats, and good luck tonight!!

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I actually love needles! lol

They are fun!

Good luck tonight though. Don't freak out, you WILL be okay!

iwanabemomie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:46 PM
OMG me too lol.im being induced tuesday and getting an IV is all i think about lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy053008
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:48 PM

nope that was the WORST part of my labor was the damn IV and yeah i was gbs + too

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
olgabillman07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I would have bad anxiety too. I hate needles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)