Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you worry...? (fetal movement)

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am 21 weeks today. I haven't felt my baby move all morning. He was moving around a bit last night (not going crazy, but you know). And now I'm kinda freaking out. I always do this to myself and it is never anything. It's hard to convince myself that he could just be sleeping, although that makes perfect sense. I've had coffee, shot ice water, jiggled my belly...nothing. And now all I can do is relax. AHHH! Do you worry when you don't feel your baby move as much as usual?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mlssgaede
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:58 PM

i wish my son would sleep some it seems like he is always doing somethin in there :) but if he ever did stop completely i would freak out!! ahh the joys of pregnancy lol

MommyClark9620
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarasloveable
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM
Drink some cold juice and lay on your left side if that doesnt work Id call your dr and see what he/she says
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jgarcia09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Sometimes you won't notice the baby's movement but they do move. It took me a while to actually feel my baby move. Try drinking orange juice and eat a peanut butter sandwich. you'll feel the baby more once you hit 6 months. And then after that you're going to be telling the baby to calm down and stop kicking you so much. lol.

kimwilson16
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Keep in mind that at 21 weeks the baby is still tiny. That is the reason they don't start having you do kick counts until 28 weeks. I am sure the baby is moving, but you may not be feeling  it all the time. Try laying down for a while after drinking some juice that wil usually help Mama.

CafeMom Tickers
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I think it's pretty early in your pregnancy to worry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)