• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT but need your prayers ***UPDATE IN RED***

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

A very, very close friend of mine is pregnant with twins. Her due date is July 12, 2010. Everything until this point as been fine. Around the beginning of June, she had a little bloody show and the doctors told her that she was starting to drop, which was normal.

Now, however, things aren't so great. She had to go to the ER the other night due to leaking fluid and having back pain. When she went in, after doing ultrasounds and listening for heartbeats, doing a urine and blood pregnancy test, they told her that she was not pregnant. They believe that she may have miscarried around 15 or 16 weeks and has been just carrying around fluids.

It's all very confusing for her because just a month ago, they were hearing heartbeats, able to measure two babies that were each around 3 lbs, feeling lots of movement, and yet now, they are saying that there are no babies to speak of.

She is going to see a different doctor in Savannah, GA tomorrow, and she is hoping that they can give her some clearer, better answers.

Please, just keep her in your thoughts and prayers because she really needs them right now. If I were her, I'd be ripping my hair out due to the stress of not knowing what is going on.

***UPDATE***
Well, she went to the doctor in Savannah, and they said that they believe that she miscarried early on. Her and her boyfriend both asked that if that was so, then how is it that just a month ago, a doctor was able to hear heartbeats and determine that she was dropping?

She is scheduled for an ultrasound on Friday along with more tests to see what is going on and if she has, in fact, miscarried. If she has, the doctor said he is going to do these tests to determine how and when she miscarried. I will let you know what we find out then.

I'm still praying that they are very, very wrong.

~*~Tomorrow is not promised today~*~

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VampMommieof3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM
Omg wow. I hope she still has her babies! She's in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jena003
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Wow. Praying. Thats so sad. 

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:54 PM

BUMP!

tandie1977
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM
shes in my prayers pls keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:58 PM

if they saw heartbeats a month ago and said they were 3 pounds then why would they say she miscarried at 15 weeks? just seems odd, i'm glad she is seeing a different doctor..she is in my prayers.

victoriaherring
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:00 PM

BUMP!

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:02 PM

What in the world?? Someone is wrong. I hope it's the ER.  ((((hugs))))

PrYnceZzMommA
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:03 PM

That's what I am saying. It's odd to me that up until now, they have heard heartbeats and seen babies to be able to measure them. I am glad as well that she is seeking someone else's opinion.

Quoting rileysmommy229:

if they saw heartbeats a month ago and said they were 3 pounds then why would they say she miscarried at 15 weeks? just seems odd, i'm glad she is seeing a different doctor..she is in my prayers.

~*~Tomorrow is not promised today~*~

abra
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:43 PM

you got it.

LilMommy2B24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

What in the world?? Someone is wrong. I hope it's the ER.  ((((hugs))))

My thoughts exactly! Praying for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)