Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you cope with the baby blues?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM
  • 12 Replies

After I had my first I was horribly depressed. It lasted for about 2 weeks, it was the most awful 2 weeks of my life. This time it isnt as bad but I still feel horrible. I hate feeling like this. Any coping advice?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shellie830
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I just made sure I had someone to talk to everyday, my husband had to leave for his annual duty for 2 weeks right after all of my fam left to go back to OH so I pretty much stayed on the phone w/ my mom! Good luck I hated postpardum...

abra
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Chocolate. A lot of chocolate and not herseys either, the good stuff that is 80% cocoa I ate like a bar a day.

veganimal
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Thanks, that must have been hard. I'm freaking out about my husband going back to work on Tuesday lol. He just ran to the grocery store and I cried about it. I hate this and cant wait til its over

Quoting shellie830:

I just made sure I had someone to talk to everyday, my husband had to leave for his annual duty for 2 weeks right after all of my fam left to go back to OH so I pretty much stayed on the phone w/ my mom! Good luck I hated postpardum...

shellie830
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Quoting veganimal:

Thanks, that must have been hard. I'm freaking out about my husband going back to work on Tuesday lol. He just ran to the grocery store and I cried about it. I hate this and cant wait til its over

Quoting shellie830:

Aww! I'm so sorry you are going through that! SUCKS! Hopefully it'll be over soon...

nini0315
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I cried it out or talked to my mom. Talking to her everyday really helped.

LaceyN1121
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I was put on lexapro near the end of my pregnancy and it still works for me some what

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Did you have the placenta encapsulated?  That helps from what I have heard.  I also agree with chocolate but dark chocolate it has plant estrogen in it to help with the hormone downfall.  If you can add a few feedings in with the baby, BF helps to boost the good hormones to fight the depression.  Sunshine or even a tanning bed will help it will boost your mood.  Make sure that you are eating well, and getting sleep when you can that helps a ton as well.  Talking will help, and so will family cuddling.  If you need to talk PM me.  I have PPD with my first from my traumatic c-section. 

veganimal
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:35 PM

yea, i got the placenta encapsulated. i think its helping but im still not 100%. im a lot better then with my first though

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Did you have the placenta encapsulated?  That helps from what I have heard.  I also agree with chocolate but dark chocolate it has plant estrogen in it to help with the hormone downfall.  If you can add a few feedings in with the baby, BF helps to boost the good hormones to fight the depression.  Sunshine or even a tanning bed will help it will boost your mood.  Make sure that you are eating well, and getting sleep when you can that helps a ton as well.  Talking will help, and so will family cuddling.  If you need to talk PM me.  I have PPD with my first from my traumatic c-section. 

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Quoting veganimal:

yea, i got the placenta encapsulated. i think its helping but im still not 100%. im a lot better then with my first though

Quoting truealaskanmom:

Take more if you still feel down that is what I have read about the pills they will level you off better than anything else.  Did you post in BIN they probably have some better ideas.  

Laureney
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Get out of the house every day. It helps to see the sun shining and normal people doing the normal thing. Baby blues is so not fun, but it'll be over soon!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)