• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

being plus size and preggo...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am 5'7 and weigh 196 lbs.  I am 8 wks and 2 days preggo with my 4th child (screen name is because I have a SS too so this is baby 5) and have had to start wearing maturnity pants.  All my extra weight is in my belly so needless to say I look like I am 4 or 5 months along.  I hate it because I know that by the time I really am 4 to 5 months along I will look like I am ready to pop. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allie01
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I am right there with you, I am 17 weeks pregnant and I feel like people think that I am just gaining more weight and not that I am pregnant. I wish I could be one of those people who had a great body and only gained pregnancy weight in my belly!! They are so cute, I don't feel cute at all!! You are not alone Mama!!

SapphireMomma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I know how you feel.  I started "showing" around 13 weeks and I was already getting people asking if I was 6 months along.  I've always been heavy and carried my weight in my belly.  I'm now almost 31 weeks and everyone thinks I'm going to pop like right now! 

Hang in there.  Just remember it's all for a good reason. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
doulala
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:42 PM

You hate that??

ahh!!     I LOVE looking pregnant!!

:-)

Maybe you can adjust your perspective...    you are pregnant and will be ...until it's over.   Why not revel in the bliss?!

lol

Kelseyciarah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I'm right here with ya... People say I dont look it, but pre-pregnancy I weighed 194(thanks to a form of birth control called Depo), and I'm 5'5.... I guess my weight is distributed well enough to not make me look like a blimp... But I also held all my weight in my belly pre-pregnancy, it sucks... I know how you feel.

Mommybear09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I was 210 when I started this preg. and I love looking preg. it's the only time I love my belly.

pregowithfifth
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Please dont get me wrong I love being preggo!!!!!!  I just hate saying I no I am not 5 months I am only 8 wks and then the dirty looks and comments start about wow you are fat and things like maybe you shouldn't eat that it is not like the baby is gonna starve. I will go take a pic and post it so you can all see what I mean

rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Quoting pregowithfifth:

Please dont get me wrong I love being preggo!!!!!!  I just hate saying I no I am not 5 months I am only 8 wks and then the dirty looks and comments start about wow you are fat and things like maybe you shouldn't eat that it is not like the baby is gonna starve. I will go take a pic and post it so you can all see what I mean

aww well just say i'm 5 months and walk away (if its a stranger lol) but i'm sure you look beautiful! dont let anyone tell you otherwise :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

collegegrad2008
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Ok I have you beat I am 5'8 and at 32 weeks pregnant I weigh 250 ( I have never ever weighed ovr 200 in my LIFE!

doulala
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Quoting pregowithfifth:

Yah~   I do understand!  

I love pregnancy & birth so much, lol, it's a compliment (imo) to be showing...

;-P

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

pregowithfifth
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Well for some reason my camera is not letting me upload photos and my cell phone I can upload that to facebook and cut and copy but I am not putting that picture on facebook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)