Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

33 Weeks pregnant dilated 1cm, 30% Effaced and -3 Station Could I possibly hold off on delivery until August?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

This is my 5th pregnancy I've had 3 live births and 1 miscarriage in September of 2009 that I had to have a D&C with. I know with my 2nd and 3rd children my labor progressed fairly quickly once I started dilating. I am so afraid that I am going to deliver early. Could I possibly hold off on delivering my little one until August?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:10 PM

yes there are people who walk around dilated at a 4 for a month or more

jgarcia09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:11 PM

have you been having contractions? when i was 32 weeks pregnant i went into pre-term labor and they had to put me on pills to stop the contractions. what i can tell you is to put yourself on bed rest. don't do anything and that way it will prevent the baby from dilating you. im surprised your doctor hasn't said anything or sent you to the hospital to get checked.

Ati_13
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Totally.  Why are you having vaginal exams this early? It's REALLY common for moms who have had a baby before to dilate early.  Unless you are contracting on a consistent pattern you really don't have anything to worry about.

Ati_13
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Quoting jgarcia09:

have you been having contractions? when i was 32 weeks pregnant i went into pre-term labor and they had to put me on pills to stop the contractions. what i can tell you is to put yourself on bed rest. don't do anything and that way it will prevent the baby from dilating you. im surprised your doctor hasn't said anything or sent you to the hospital to get checked.

The doctor didn't send her in or put her on bedrest because this is normal.

There is NO reason for bedrest here.  Bedrest is not evidence based care to prevent preterm labor (meaning studies have shown that it doesn't work) and it will make your muscles atrophy (weaken and eat themselves).  I was on bedrest from 33 weeks until 39 weeks with my daughter for BP issues and it took MONTHS of hard work to get back to normal after I had her.  It's not worth it.

ARichey
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I was 1 cm and lost my mucus plug 6 wks before my daughter was born and I had to be induced. Dont worry. Unless you are having contractions or progress you should be fine. Good luck!

AMarineLovesMe
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:20 PM

Unless you have been having contractions I wouldn't worry.  With DS I was at 6cm and I think 40% when I was only 6 months - he was born 3 days before his due date lol. 

Angela28inVA
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I went into L&D yesterday for a decrease in movement and sharp stabbing pains in the vaginal area.  I've been having a lot of menstrual type cramps for about 3 weeks now on and off.  That is the reason that I was checked.

Ati_13
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Quoting Angela28inVA:

I went into L&D yesterday for a decrease in movement and sharp stabbing pains in the vaginal area.  I've been having a lot of menstrual type cramps for about 3 weeks now on and off.  That is the reason that I was checked.

All normal end of pregnancy stuff :)

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM
I was 34 weeks 4 cm 80% and -1 and made it to 39 weeks with no restrictions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NIKopotamous
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM

I've been dialated to a 4, 70% effaced, and she's at a 0 station for several weeks now.  I'm now 37 weeks and she's welcome to come anytime, but it doesn't look as though she's wanting to now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)