Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd update....annoyed with drs

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:28 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have called my ob like 6 times 2day with no call back its making me so mad! I losing fluid that's sweet smell and also feeling contractions in my back I'm only 19 weeks ugggh....so the ob on call finally called me back and said sicne this has been going on since last night and i have been havin these annoyin back contractions since tuesday...that i dont need to be seen and just to keep my appt on the 7th of july.....i dont know what to do...b/c i really feel like i did with my daughter when i went into pre-term labor....im not sure what to do...im upset b/c they dont seem to care....

I did go a get checked...they told me I have a slow leak in my water that should repair itself....I filed a complaint about the dr who called me back....I was also having back contractions and contractions that were actually showing up on the monitors.... and am almost 2 cm dialated.....so i now am on 100% bed rest, they still didnt give me anything to help slow down the contractions....but just told me no lifting,do nothing.kind of hard with 4 children so I am trying to take it slow and just relax..my bp was also up it was 150/105 when i got there but ended up coming down...we r hoping to make it til 30 weeks but now they r not sure that we will make it to 24-28 wks..i have called 6 different obs this morn and b/c i am high risk not one of them will see me....

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ati_13
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Definately get yourself a new doctor.

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:30 PM

get a new doc, but go to L&D right now to make sure you are ok

Mommybear09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM

go to the hospital and get checked out.

MetalMamaBB
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I completely agree. Also, have you tried to get in touch with anyone else that may offer some help, advice, comfort? It may be difficult since you're not a current patient, but I'd give it a try if you haven't already.

Quoting Ati_13:

majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:32 PM
If you are worried just go into either the doc or l&d

Quoting Ati_13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stellarluna
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:34 PM

yes, if you are just leaking, they can stop labor and your bag of waters can be repaired naturally as long as it doesn't rupture completely, go in now.  you don't want to mess with having a 19 weeker.  Deal with getting a new doctor after you take care of this!  All the best mama!

ohiomommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I have called the nurse line and she is afraid that its amniotic fluid since i get gushes when i move, etc.  They tell me to call my ob....I did and he isnt the same one on call 2night.....its another dr that i think doesnt like me very well from previous experiences..i tried calling another dr from a different practice and they said they cant talk to me b/c i am not their patient...its really starting to get on my nerves...i think that the back pain is probably from contractions b/c everytime that i get them there is a small trickle that comes out with it....im about ready to call them back and throw a fit b/c im very hormonal right now and all that goes along with being pregnant...

Ati_13
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Quoting ohiomommy:

I have called the nurse line and she is afraid that its amniotic fluid since i get gushes when i move, etc.  They tell me to call my ob....I did and he isnt the same one on call 2night.....its another dr that i think doesnt like me very well from previous experiences..i tried calling another dr from a different practice and they said they cant talk to me b/c i am not their patient...its really starting to get on my nerves...i think that the back pain is probably from contractions b/c everytime that i get them there is a small trickle that comes out with it....im about ready to call them back and throw a fit b/c im very hormonal right now and all that goes along with being pregnant...

Call and throw a fit!  And if they still won't get your doctor on the phone then go to a different hospital.

stellarluna
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM

go into labor and delivery and tell them your own doctor won't help you.  Someone will just be assigned to you or they will call your doctor and tell them to get the BLEEP down there!  Just go in mama!  It sounds very much like you need to be seen ASAP

MetalMamaBB
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I hope you were able to get in touch with someone and are at the dr's at this time but was just wondering if everything is going ok?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)