Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you find out the gender if your husband/SO didn't want to?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM
  • 13 Replies

Would you still find out the gender if your husband/SO didn't want to?  Would he be okay with it?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommybear09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Yes I would and I just would not tell him but my DH wanted to know just as much as I did, although we are still second guessing the results so more or less we are getting a surprise anyway

momto1girl3boys
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I would never go behind my hubby's back and do something against his wishes. I guess it would depend on if he just didn't want to know, or if he didn't want either of us to know. I would have to talk to him about it and express my viewpoints. In the end I would go with whatever we mutually agreed upon.

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Yep I just wouldn't tell anybody and he would be fine with it because he would know I would bitch the whole time about it.

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Well, we tried to not find out once.We had the ultrasound tech put the sex in an envelope. We barely made it out of the room and dh was asking me to open it. He was so excited. It was his idea NOT to find out. LOL!

Megara
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Yes - with our first baby I wanted to know and he said he didn't, but he didn't mind if I found out.  But he lasted about an hour of me knowing and keeping it from him before he was begging me to tell him!

mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Yes I couldn't not know. I'm like a kid at xmas! I can't not do it. I have respect for those women who can hold out to find out though.

mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:55 PM

That sounds like if we tried to do it.

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Well, we tried to not find out once.We had the ultrasound tech put the sex in an envelope. We barely made it out of the room and dh was asking me to open it. He was so excited. It was his idea NOT to find out. LOL!

iloveconan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:28 PM

If it was important to him that neither of us know, I'd respect that and not find out. *I* alone set 99% of pregnancy, labor, and delivery guidelines and he has never ever tried to overstep my womanly boundaries, lol. Something like finding out the gender is not critical to me and I could find room to compromise for him for sure.

mommieof
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM
I'd still find out but I'd just keep the sex a surprise for everyone else my lil bro is doing this his wife doesn't want to know but he knows and isn't telling any of us but we should know within the next 2 weeks when she delivers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wilesmomma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM
Heck yea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)