• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I know its labor?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

I started having this pains in my stomach but my stomach is not getting hard, so I'm not sure if its a contraction. I am 39 weeks preggo and 2 cm dilated. I'm not sure if I'm overreacting, I am going to see my dr. tomorrow for a check up. So my question is how do I know if its a true contraction?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:59 PM

It feels like the worst period of our life, and your stomach gets hard and it comes and goes in a pattern.  Once one it over you are fine.  True contractions are all over your whole stomach will be affected where BH is usually one area or another

mstevens10
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Dr told me.. to drink some water and lay down if it doesnt go away then try to walk a little if they quit with walking then its false.. if they don't or get more intense they are real.

grapejelly
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:47 PM

BUMP!

abra
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:51 PM

my periods are actually worse then labor, but the whole stomach hardening thing rings true to me. There is a pattern, for several hours usually, despite change of activities (moving, resting, different sides, eating, drinking etc). Once the contractions get bad enough that you can't talk during them, that's when I head to the hospital.

Quoting truealaskanmom:

It feels like the worst period of our life, and your stomach gets hard and it comes and goes in a pattern.  Once one it over you are fine.  True contractions are all over your whole stomach will be affected where BH is usually one area or another

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)