Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't breathe

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am 28 weeks on friday and it feels like I am sufficating. The baby is pushed up so high that it is almost impossible to breathe. Feels like he is sitting on my lungs or something. The same when I lay down in any position. I told the doctor and all she had to say was he was a really big baby and extreamly long and i was carrying very high. I can get comfortable only by standing and walking. If I do this to long than my feet swell unbelievably bad and my legs go numb. I am so irritated and can't get comfortable. I am exhausted. I had this with my others just not to this extent and not till last few weeks. Has anyone else having this at this  early stage and what are you doing to stay comfortable? Please help!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I never experienced that yet. I know with DS I didn't and I'm only 22 weeks so haven't felt that yet. Hope you find some relief. I have breathing issues so  I know how it is not to be able to catch your breath!

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:48 PM

the baby will drop in a while hopefully and you will be able to breathe again, get a yoga or birthing ball and bounce on it at least an hour a day that helps encourage dropping

ccouch24
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM

I am just starting to experience this horrible feeling and I am 37 weeks. It's no fun that's for sure.

busymomkristin
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Where can i get one? This won't hurt anything if he drops now like dialate me will it? Probably stupid ? This is a good idea and hadn't thought of it. Thanks and will try it when we get paid on thursday.

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:53 PM

you can get them at target or walmart, get a medium sized one, no it won't hurt anything 

busymomkristin
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Quoting ccouch24:

I am just starting to experience this horrible feeling and I am 37 weeks. It's no fun that's for sure.

That's when mine usually starts for me but for some reason has been like this for 2 weeks now. Thought it would get better when he turned head down but it's not. He's only 2.7 pounds and worried what it's gonna be like when he's the 9-10 pounds they expect.

busymomkristin
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:36 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)