Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cord Blood Banking...

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:39 PM
  • 24 Replies

Has anyone thought about it or is planning on it?? Just want opinions, im curious... =D

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstevens10
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I thought about it.. but i decided not to do it... we won't cut the cord until it stops pulsating so he can get the blood he needs then.

iloveconan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:47 PM

That's exactly what I was going to type, lol.

Quoting mstevens10:

I thought about it.. but i decided not to do it... we won't cut the cord until it stops pulsating so he can get the blood he needs then.

I'M VANESSA!

pregnancy due date
doulala
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Blood is intended for the baby for important health reasons.   

:-)

I prefer preventing illness before having it to treat, kwim?

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:49 PM
We can't afford that. I'm learning more about this pulsating thingy and just might see if my ob will follow that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessednHappy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM

Quoting iloveconan:

Quoting mstevens10:

Same here, I'm going to discuss with my midwife next week.

Megara
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM

No, we delay cord clamping so the baby gets all of his own cord blood at birth.

rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:05 PM

i would delay the cord clamping if i could! i couldn't bc both my babies had meconium and they wisked them away very quickly

collegegrad2008
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I have decided not to do it after they did a feature story on ABC News....it is expensive and you may or may not be able to use the cord blood for your child's ailment, disease, or disorder. I plan on donating our cord blood to a public bank which are available to everyone for treatment at anytime.

Randi02
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Exactly.

The chances are pretty slim. We won't be donating it though. That blood belongs to my baby, so we will delay the clamping/cutting until it stops pulsing.

Quoting collegegrad2008:

I have decided not to do it after they did a feature story on ABC News....it is expensive and you may or may not be able to use the cord blood for your child's ailment, disease, or disorder. I plan on donating our cord blood to a public bank which are available to everyone for treatment at anytime.

I am a Canadian,breastfeeding (it IS best, there is nothing even close to that nutrition and bond), co sleeping, extended rear facing (if you don't rear face to the maximum of your seat, you're NOT doing all you can to protect your child), baby wearing, Non spanking (I want my kids to respect me, not fear me) ANTI- CIO, homemade baby food making, cloth diapering, organic (chemical free household!) recycling mama to TWO and one on the way! My husband is my equal and best friend, not my master and I believe basic health care should be a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Allie01
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Quoting BlessednHappy:

Quoting iloveconan:

Quoting mstevens10:

Same here, I'm going to discuss with my midwife next week.

Okay, i have heard a lot of people talking about this but I never knew why. So if you wait for it to stop pulsating they baby gets all of the cord blood and that helps to prevent illness??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)