Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bad depression durning pregnancy

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone take meds for depression while pregnant? I am soooooo nervous to ask a doctor. They always give you these looks like what you can't handle life. I am especially nervous because i am pregnant and want to breastfeed. I find myself lashing out and yelling at the kiddos a lot,tired, no motivation what so ever. I am not the mommy i want to be or they deserve. My middle boy is adhd bad and is very rough to make listen and has been very difficult and i'm not handling it like i should. I also don't want to endanger my baby by taking something i know i need it though. Does anyone take anything or atleast know how i feel? I sometimes wish i could go back and start all over again. Be a differant mommy. I love my beautiful babies more than anything.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:23 PM
I know exactly how you feel. And just like you I won't talk to a doc. I'm to worried about the out come. GL mama. And hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymomkristin
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Quoting majikalmama:

I know exactly how you feel. And just like you I won't talk to a doc. I'm to worried about the out come. GL mama. And hugs

It seems that now days everyone calls cps for everything so now nobody feels like than can get help and suffers. Same thing when it comes to counseling. Afraid to tell them your stressed.

melodykmtx
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I know how you are feeling, but I'm trying not to go on med's because I don't tend to react well to anti-depressents. Talk to your Dr. if he/she can deal with with the birth process and all the less than glamorous parts of pregnancy he/she can deal with depression.There may be a support grupe or counseling program you can try if you don't want to go on med's. good luck

mama63640
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM
I did take meds while I was pregnant and I know what you are going thru
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM
And I would really like to avoid taking medication since I hate taking pills. But soon I might have to break down and talk to them since dh has started to ask me to speak to someone...

Quoting busymomkristin:

Quoting majikalmama:

It seems that now days everyone calls cps for everything so now nobody feels like than can get help and suffers. Same thing when it comes to counseling. Afraid to tell them your stressed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymomkristin
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Quoting mama63640:

I did take meds while I was pregnant and I know what you are going thru

What did you take? Did you feel better? Do you know what category it was?

ohiomommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:03 PM

i take zoloft during pregnancy... i only take 50 mg and it helps me so much to be able to function.... when i didnt have it for 2 days i thought i was going to lose my mind...good luck and talk to your dr there r options out there....

babylittletee
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:13 PM
Yeah I do zoloft
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
relinor
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:23 PM
I completely know how you feel. I'm Bipolar and off meds successfully managing, no, thriving, w/o them for a year. But the preggie hormones are throwing me off big time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)