Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT.... Keep your fingers crossed for us.... please

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM
  • 9 Replies

So DH found an apartment near the new job that is well below our price range and huge for a 3/2 apartment. The complex has a dog park, a childs park and a pool with a grilling area. The only problem is our credit :( DH has some not good stuff on his credit since being laid off. He told the lady at the apartment and she said that they really dont look at your credit, they really only care how much money you make (which DH makes more than enough to afford that apartment.) He turned in the application today and the lady was pushing him to leave the deposit to hold the apartment (which was $300) today. She wanted him to run to the gas station and get a money order that day. He told her he would bring it tomorrow but, really we wont have the deposit until tuesday. I just found it odd that she hasnt checked his background or credit but, was willing to accept the deposit. Maybe they really just dont care? The two apartments I lived at before DH didnt ask for the deposit until they had checked everything.....

I hope we get this apartment.....

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
majikalmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:49 PM
GL mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomNtheRes
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I hope you get it! I'll but apt hunting shortly after the baby is born for when DH gets back, I hope we get as lucky. 

And generally, so long as you make the required income and don't have any evictions you should be good. *Crosses fingers* Good luck!

ashlynsmom14
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Good Luck!!! That happened to us when we lived in AZ. They didnt even do the cradit check and accepted us that day and we put the deposit down. They really only contact the apartments or people you were renting from before and see if you paid all your payments ontime. Good Luck!!! I hope you get it!!

relinor
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Good luck, I held an apartment with a deposit once before the paperwork was done. I really wanted that apartment! lol

sparklebug86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:02 PM

well no evictions.... we did leave the last apartment 2 months early BUT it was because we were moving into our house and DH gave them the paperwork and they said they would let us out of our contract with no penalties. I have DHs credit report and dont see anything on it from the apartments but, we are still worried.....

Quoting ashlynsmom14:

Good Luck!!! That happened to us when we lived in AZ. They didnt even do the cradit check and accepted us that day and we put the deposit down. They really only contact the apartments or people you were renting from before and see if you paid all your payments ontime. Good Luck!!! I hope you get it!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

christine.r2624
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:06 PM

same here.

Quoting relinor:

Good luck, I held an apartment with a deposit once before the paperwork was done. I really wanted that apartment! lol

JasminesMommy06
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:08 PM

good luck!

grapejelly
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM

good luck!!

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 2:39 AM

Woohoo! I hope you get the apartment!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)