Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2yr old with 104.3 fever help plz

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 55 Replies

my daughter has a fever of 104.3..i took her to the doctors earlier they said she has a common cold..but she has never had this high of a fever..she has a very moist cough..her heart is beating really fast..her eyes are glossy and the eyelids on top and bottom are red..she has a runny nose..she has had a few diahrea diapers..i have been giving her water but she isnt wanting to drink it..she wont get in a lukewarm bath..she has been going back and forth between tylenol and motrin..the doctors told me not to give her juice,anything dairy, or any fruits..idk what to do girls..so can someone plz help me

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:27 PM

With a fever that high, I think you need to go to the hospital.  Good luck!!

melodykmtx
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:30 PM

My hubby is EMT, he said take her to the ER now

momto1girl3boys
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM

She is in a danger zone right now. She is at risk of seizures and all sorts of complications. I would get her to the emergency room. I wouldn't waste time with the doctors office. That is an extremely high fever. Our daughter got that high once and it ended up being a kidney infection. We took her straight to the emergency room. Keep us posted.

yummy_mommy89
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:33 PM

get off the computer and get your kid to a hospital

melodykmtx
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:35 PM

my name is chase, im an EMT with the fire dept, to cool her down and bring the temp down, wet a wash cloth with warm water and rub her down, she doesnt have to be in the bath for this to bring her temp down. it is also verry important that you get some fluids in her, let me know if you have any further questions

NewMom333
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Quoting yummy_mommy89:

get off the computer and get your kid to a hospital

rileysmommy229
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM

take that baby to the ER!!!!! i hope she feels better!!!

rebel_mommy09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I would go to the hospital. DS had a 103.7 fever that motrin and tylenol wouldn't break, he wasn't eating or drinking and only after him running a very high fever for 3 days and switching pedi's did we find out that he had Roseola. They gave him an antibiotic shot and he was better within an hour. Hugs and GL!

mstevens10
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I'm a paramedic... please Take her to the hospital... a fever that hight isn't good... it could start having effects on the brain after 104

Lilypie Maternity tickers

SnoBuny
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:37 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)