Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my boobs are going to explode!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM
  • 10 Replies
Good lord they are HUGE and rock hard.
I'm not breastfeeding(say what you want, don't care) cause of my medication but I woke up today and they were huge and they just keep going. I have TWO sports bras on for the pain.

Any other ideas for the pain? I know it'll be over soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2Be9112010
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:31 PM

take a warm  shoer and rub them itll take away the pain and get rid of some of the milk that you have

mrspreggers14
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM

this and also use cabbage..  A leaf of cabbage in your bra next to your skin for as long as you need changing the leaf about every hour (is what I was told couldnt find anything online)..

Quoting Mommy2Be9112010:

take a warm  shoer and rub them itll take away the pain and get rid of some of the milk that you have

Army_wife8181
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Cabbage leaves in your bra are said to help(they need to be cold)...other than that, im not sure. Good luck!

doulala
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Good luck!!

nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Don't use hot or warm water, it'll make it take longer to dry out.  The cabbage leaves do work, especially if you place them in the freezer for a little bit.  Make sure you crack the vein in the leaf though.  Also I used a bag of frozen peas.  I couldn't BF due to medication also and my engorgement passed in about 36 hours.  It'll get better.  *hugs*

CafeMom Tickers
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I just suffered through it.. I was BFing and stopped an MAN when the milk was drying up it hurt SO bad, Elijah would brush my breasts and I would want to scream.. I have no advice, just a "I've been there!" sorry..

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Take diapers and fill them with water and freeze them, then put them on your boobs then do cabbage leaves as well

MommyRJ
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 8:55 AM
Wow good ideas! Thank you. Yeah my doc said stay away from warm and don't rub or stimulate them.. It makes it worse.

I have never heard of that cabbage thing, sounds like itd help tho. I should be better by Wednesday. Looking forward to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicki.hemingway
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Make sure you crack the vein in the cabbage leaf.  It's supposted to work better that way.  Not sure why though, but it did help more. 

CafeMom Tickers
palemoon21
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Cabbage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)