• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

newborns and earrings

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM
  • 72 Replies

Poll

Question: Will you get your newborn baby girls ears pierced?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 104

View Results

For those having girls. I am curious how many mommies will get their babies ears pierced?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Both my girls got their ears done at 3 months.

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I'm not having a girl but I know that when I do, I won't get her ears pierced.. I plan on letting that be her decision.

Countrygerl
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I'm sorry I just think it is wrong. I think that you shouldn't get your ears pierced until your old enough.

mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Since I'm having a boy nope. But when I have a girl when she's younger I'll get it done. Before she's a year old of course.

Jemmy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I have a son but I would never pierce any infants ears. I would let her make that decision when she is about 4 or 5.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM

If we find out we are having a girl, her ears will be pierced when the doc says its ok.

momto1girl3boys

Quoting Countrygerl:

I'm sorry I just think it is wrong. I think that you shouldn't get your ears pierced until your old enough.

Nothing to be sorry about. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We waited until our daughter was old enough to ask to have them done. Then we ended up with all sorts of issues with them. We are not sure how we feel now. Some ways I think it would be easier when they are little and we take care of them while they heal. They can't touch them. Other ways I think it is better to wait until they choose to have them done. :)

joheilismom

yup, i got my daughters ears pierced at 2 months after she got her shots and thats what im doing with this one too.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:01 PM

lol my dd is almost 6 and she told me the other day she is happy we had them done when she was a baby becuase she'd be too scared now!! lol

Quoting momto1girl3boys:

Quoting Countrygerl:

Nothing to be sorry about. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We waited until our daughter was old enough to ask to have them done. Then we ended up with all sorts of issues with them. We are not sure how we feel now. Some ways I think it would be easier when they are little and we take care of them while they heal. They can't touch them. Other ways I think it is better to wait until they choose to have them done. :)

Bam_Bam
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM
I got my daughters' ears pierced when they were abt 6 months. Give or take a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)