Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VENT: finally lost it today cuz I'm sick of family/friends calling every day to ask "is she here yet"?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM
  • 11 Replies

I turned off my phone for less than 3 hours and had 4 voicemails and several texts.  I totally lost it.. it's the same people EVERY freakin day.  I'm 41 weeks today and just lost it.. like I don't want this kid out too.. but these people call and then want to talk for hours, I can't do it.  I just can't.    I'm thinking of turning off my phone and not going on FB anymore until she finally does arrive.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mia055
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I feel ya and i definitely dont blame you! Hugs! =)

truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM
I totally understand. I would not blame you at all for doing that, people have no idea how much their insensitive comments effect a pregnant woman past her EDD. You just want to scream I WILL TELL YOU WHEN THE BABY COMES LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!!!!
southernjess3

me too. lets do. lets close the world off..lol

Megara

I know what you mean!!  I soaked in the tub for an hour with my phone in the other room and when I got out I had about five text messages from a couple people all panicking because I didn't respond right away!

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM

You don't have to answer the phone! And you don't have to return all their calls!

Same goes for after baby is born....turn the phone off and take care of yourself and your LO.

Good luck, momma!

christine.r2624
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I plan to turn my phone off when October gets here. My MIL is CONVINCED baby will be early because all hers were... I carried my son to 42-43 weeks... she wont be here before November!!! And I can just tell you I do not want to listen to al of their crap. My mom will be the only one I will answer during those final weeks... she was the one that encouraged me not to induce with my son and even though she thinks Im crazy for wanting a home birth, shes 100% supportive of it!

wildsissy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Quoting christine.r2624:

I plan to turn my phone off when October gets here. My MIL is CONVINCED baby will be early because all hers were... I carried my son to 42-43 weeks... she wont be here before November!!! And I can just tell you I do not want to listen to al of their crap. My mom will be the only one I will answer during those final weeks... she was the one that encouraged me not to induce with my son and even though she thinks Im crazy for wanting a home birth, shes 100% supportive of it!

omg.. are we living the same life?  My in laws planned on being here on my due date because my hubby was born 3 weeks early so of course, this baby was going to be early!  they wound up having to flip their trip around and go see my husband's brother first, but then his brother wasn't off of work during the time they were there so they barely got to see him.. unfortunately that was the time my MIL took off of work so now we'll see if the baby shows up while she is in town... ???  and I'm doing a homebirth too.. as long as she comes in the next 7 days that is.. sigh..

wildsissy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Quoting Megara:

I know what you mean!!  I soaked in the tub for an hour with my phone in the other room and when I got out I had about five text messages from a couple people all panicking because I didn't respond right away!

my cell phone accidentally turned off on Friday on it's own (it does this sometimes) and of course I was reading so I never noticed that it was off, it was off for 2 hours and when I turned it on my son was on his way over, my husband was about to leave work to check on me, my mom was calling/texting/iming me.. etc.. it was nuts.

mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM

With DS I went 40w5d and people would call me all the time or had bets when I'd have the baby! I'm like omfg. Leave me alone. I hope people aren't like this time.

christine.r2624
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM

omg! :( I told my MIL I will call when I know Im in labor. She lives 4 hrs away and I only had a 6 hr labor with my son... but she wants to come stay to help for the first week and I am 100% fine with that, I just dont want her here until I KNOW its time... she'll stress me the heck out if shes here with before hand!

Quoting wildsissy:

Quoting christine.r2624:

omg.. are we living the same life?  My in laws planned on being here on my due date because my hubby was born 3 weeks early so of course, this baby was going to be early!  they wound up having to flip their trip around and go see my husband's brother first, but then his brother wasn't off of work during the time they were there so they barely got to see him.. unfortunately that was the time my MIL took off of work so now we'll see if the baby shows up while she is in town... ???  and I'm doing a homebirth too.. as long as she comes in the next 7 days that is.. sigh..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)