Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom just don't get it!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

She had the nerve to ask me today why i keep having babies, Why don't i want to enjoy my life. I thought i was! Being a mom is enjoying my life. It's the greatest thing in the world, I love being a mom and doing for my family. My mom had me when she was 14 i guess that's why she don't get it. People can really say the stupidest things!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildsissy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM

ouch I agree.. as long as you are raising them and not pushing them off on other people I don't see the problem.. I know people who have babies and then expect their parents/sibilings to raise them then they have more.. makes no sense.

housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) some people don't enjoy kids and for others it's the best thing they ever did. Just rememer your the lucky one because you get to enjoy it!

mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Some people don't enjoy it and some do. I have my moment i hate pregnancy but for the most part I love it. And definately love the end results of the pregnancy. Just ignore her when it comes to that. I do with my family:)

mrspreggers14
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM

thats irritating..  I guess when people say things the thing to remember is that you love being a mommy and thats all that should matter...

mommyloves621
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM
I agree with you all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM

I love having my kids with me, she wanted them for the 4th of july told her no that was our day as a family. I hate them being away from me. I try to ignore her, she makes it kind of hard sometimes. My sister on the other hand only has one thank goodness and she trys to push him off on my parents.

super_mom_5
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:51 PM
being a mom is the greatest feeling. Although 4 of my girls are actually step daughters and only 1 is biological mine, i have been the only mother figure to stick around for the past 4 years. I still feel like they are mine and love it when they call me mommy and tell me how much they love me. Nothing could get better then that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM

BUMP!

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Thanks ladies! I love my kids and being a mommy. I am just sorry she sees it that way.

palemoon21
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I guess some people don't see children/parenting the way you do. It's their lise. :) Keep doing what makes you happy mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)