Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TAR Syndrome

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hey, I'm Shawna. I'm 30 years old and 33 weeks (will be 34 on Friday) pregnant. Caedon is my 6th pregnancy but will be my 2nd full term baby. He is expected to have and shows signs of TAR Syndrome...not sure if anyone here has heard of it or has experienced it but it's only 1 out of every 200,000 births so obviously rare. He is due on August 13th but being taken C-Section on August 10th as long as he will wait that long. I'm interested in any questions, answers or even just thoughts. I need all I can get. Thanks!

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrseckstein
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM

What is TAR exactly? I can look it up but mother's are the best to explain it.. I wish you luck. If you need someone to talk to I'm here.

Brittany.Dann
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM
I've never heard of it but here is a bump for you and I wish you the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laceymom08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 PM

What is TAR syndrome? Did you miscarry the others? I am truly sorry to hear that if that is the case.

blessdbybraelyn
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM

TAR Syndrome is a dramatically low platelet count which is a long word the T stands for and the AR is Absent Radius. My son is missing both his Ulna and Radius bones in both arms. He has Humurous bones but they are shortened and one is longer than the other. He might be missing a pinky joint. He also has short Femur bones but they say it is in range and that could account for short people in our families. He appears to have no problems with his heart, brain, or other measurements. I had 2 miscarriages and then we had a daughter, Braelyn, and then last year I had 2 more miscarriages before I got pregnant with Caedon. They are our miracle babies.

grapejelly
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM

i've never heard of TAR syndrom before, but it doesn't sound good from how you described it.  Do they doctors have a positive outlook on the situation? 

I hope everything goes as well as it can  hugs

palemoon21
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I have never heard of this.....

Here's a BUMP for someone who knows.

pacificamom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:44 PM

BUMP!

blessdbybraelyn
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:02 PM

What is a bump? lol

grapejelly
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM

a bump is just a bump to the top of the post list :) so the post doesn't get lost

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2010 at 1:49 AM

I've never heard of it, sorry.. I hope everything turns out well though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)