Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i wanted to know this

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
Is it true that a women can push a 10 pound baby out? Because before I got pg with my son I weigh like 113 pounds and I got pg with my son and he was born he weigh about 9 pounds so I am just wondering if this baby is going to be a 10 pounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
housefullofkidz
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM

They totally can! Good luck!

babydmama
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Look at the posts --> veganimal just had a ten pound four ounce baby at home!

mommyloves621
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM
Thank u. I am due november 5 or 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Yep lots of women birth 10lb plus babies.  

mrseckstein
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Your baby could totally be that big yes. One of the girls just did a home birth to a 10lb 4oz baby! When DS was in the NICU (feb 09) there was a premie who was 13lbs.

mommyloves621
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Omg that's a big baby a 13lb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iloveconan
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Of course you can deliver a ten pound baby!

Pandana
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM

A friend of mine was under 100 pounds when she got pregnant and she homebirthed her 9 pound 6 ounce daughter in an easy-going 7 hours. And my mom's best friend birthed 2 boys that were almost 12 pounds each! It can totally be done.

Baby weight isn't really the big determining factor regarding whether or not a nirth with go smoothly. And neither is mom's build or size. A small pelvis can stretch DURING labor to accommodate nearly any size baby, if that's the baby that her body grew. More important factors that can cause complications are medical conditions related to abnormal fetal growth (like GD) and methods of laboring (like restricted movement and position.)

So I gues the simple answer is YES, women push out 10 pounders all the time LOL!

froggynow3
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:10 AM

The day after my DD was born I was in the nursery with her getting some shots and I saw this baby that was literally black and blue!!! He was HUGE!! I asked about him, he was just born a few hours prior vaginal mom did not tear and he was over 15lbs!!! He was so bruised from passing thru the birth canal but he was a very healthy baby

grapejelly
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:57 PM

OH yes a woman can do that!  You should read the birth stories in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth... they are amazing.  And my MIL gave birth to an 11 pound baby!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)