Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can we eat activia?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
Is it ok for pregnant women to eat it cause this consipation is killing a girl lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Megara
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:27 AM

You can eat any kind of yogurt you want, although personally I prefer brands with no artificial sweeteners.  Activia isn't any better for your digestion than other yogurts with active cultures, though, it's just clever marketing.  You can also buy probiotics in pill or powder form.  I take probiotics daily to aid with digestion and to boost my immune system.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM

I eat Walmart brand yogurt, the vanilla is so good. I also drink those little probiotic drinks twice a day, I love the strawberry flavored ones. You should be able to find them right by the yogurt at the grocery.

Javi05Eli07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:29 AM

I would be careful with Activia, it has been known to give people the runs.  Probably not a good thing to test when pregnant.

MegHPand3
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM

yogurt is GREAT for pregnant women. Not just for regularlity, but the probiotics in yogurt have a plethora of health benefits.

hotmomma7182006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I don't think that it should bother the baby in anyway but I guess you could call and aske your doctor or nurse

RadMama08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I don't know about Activia, but I eat Yoplait. Don't buy the "Light" kind though- it has sucralose or some other artificial sweetener. We at my house have to be careful about that because my MIL, DH, and DD are all allergic or sensitive to ANY AND ALL artificial sweeteners. No Splenda, NutraSweet, Equal, Sweet&Low, not even Truvia. They're all poisons anyway, who would want to put those in their system much less their baby's?

I'll step down from my soap box now... sorry for going on a rant and preaching like that, it's just that my daughter has had some bad reactions to artificial sweeteners...

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM
Activia is fine especially if you have problems bming. It'll help clean you out!:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)