Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning Sickness?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so Im 10 weeks and 1 day along. I have really bad morning sickness. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas to help control it. Thanks in advanced!

BabyFruit Ticker
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
truealaskanmom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:14 AM

eat small meals drink sprite, eat pickled ginger, rest and it will be over before too long

rockinmomnwife
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Have you been puking 24/7 and unable to keep down fluids? If so, you may want to go to the dr. for hyperemsis, so you can get some zofran.
If you just have morning sickness, I have heard these things work: preggy pop drops (motherhood maternity has them), crackers in the morning before you get out of bed, ginger ale, ginger snap cookies and also taking a unisom at bedtime and then a Vitamin B6 in the morning is supposed to help. None of these worked for me because I had hyperemesis which I hope you will not have.
Good luck!

momto1girl3boys
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Another thing that helped me was to not eat and drink during at the same time. I either ate or drank and I did better. I had to be on Zofran too like another momma suggested. Good luck and remember it will be over eventually. :)

06NavyWife
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:22 AM

Sea Bands helped me out lots.

rockinmomnwife
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Oh yeah...the sea bands did help out a little bit but still not enough for me so I do recommend those!

Adorkable87
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:27 AM

see bands are suppose to help, i'd look in to that i wish i knew about it when i was having morning sickness.

Jmama2011
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Quoting rockinmomnwife:

Have you been puking 24/7 and unable to keep down fluids? If so, you may want to go to the dr. for hyperemsis, so you can get some zofran.
If you just have morning sickness, I have heard these things work: preggy pop drops (motherhood maternity has them), crackers in the morning before you get out of bed, ginger ale, ginger snap cookies and also taking a unisom at bedtime and then a Vitamin B6 in the morning is supposed to help. None of these worked for me because I had hyperemesis which I hope you will not have.
Good luck!

Ive been puking all day but I can keep down plain water if I dont try drinking it too fast. Everything else Ive tried drinking just came straight back up.

BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)