Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freezer

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM
  • 5 Replies
Who freezes their breast milk? I know there are some extreme pumpers. I'm curious so when I have my LO I can know how long I can use them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
try4baby20
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:50 AM
I do its good in freezer 3mo deep freeze 6mo If I store I freeze right away to reduce the chance of it spoiling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:51 AM
Oh cool:) I didn't get to breastfeed but a week or so with DS (my supply never fully came in) so this time I'm hell bent on doing it! And i want to make sure I'm doing it right:)

Quoting try4baby20:

I do its good in freezer 3mo deep freeze 6mo If I store I freeze right away to reduce the chance of it spoiling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM

BUMP!

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:19 PM

BUMP!

sissychristi
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I freeze. I have over 200 oz frozen right now. I figure that I want to pump as much as possible between feedings just in case I need to leave him with someone for a while, or in case my milk dries up. If I don't need it, my midwife knows people looking for donated frozen breastmilk so it won't go to waste.

Breastmilk freezes in a regular freezer for 3-6 months depending on how often the door is opened. It can be stored in a chest style freezer for 6-12 months. I pump into the Medela freezer storage bags. If you lay them down flat to freeze, you can easily organize them in the freezer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)