Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone else in this situation?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:57 AM
  • 7 Replies

OMG I have seen so many post here lately of GORGEOUS finish nurseries and mommies that are done with the ''Baby Must Have List'' lol and I feel the pressure that the time is running because I'm due in Sept. 27th maybe sooner and I'm in the middle of the things I have to do before my baby gets here. I feel SO BEHIND that I really feel I'm not going to finish on time. I still have to buy big ticket items such as stroller, car seat, playpen, swing high chair and others and little necessary stuff such like clothes, bottles you know stuff like that. I feel the nursery is not done because we haven't set the canopy and crib and I haven't put the valance on the curtains. OMG so much to do so little time. My baby only have 1 newborn outfit lol so I'm SO BEHIND!!! who else is in the same boat?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MNLETLE
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM
Hun, I'm due the 25th. I've bought ONE shirt. That's it. We're set to.move the end of August. No nursery will be set up. Rest assured. There won't be time. Babies don't Really NEED much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeanieGirlNYC
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Don't even worry yourself about the nursery.  It will get done and will be beautiful.  When we had our son 3 years ago he didn't even sleep in his room for months because we kept him in a bassinet in our room.  I of course had stressed over finishing his nursery, but he wouldn't have known if it was done or not.  He just wanted to eat, poop, and sleep. LOL.  Good luck and don't worry too much about it.  It will get done.

nily
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:09 AM

I already start mine and I have to finish I'm not one of those persons that leave thing behind of do things last minute I have to be prepared and organized when my baby comes. It had work wonders for me in the past and my kids do use the nursery from day one.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Let me tell you this much, a newborn will not care if the valences are up in their room!!!

As long as you have the car seat set up, a few outfits, diapers, and LOVE. You're good. Try not to stress... you have over 2 months.

nily
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM

AWWW thanks I guess you are right :)

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Let me tell you this much, a newborn will not care if the valences are up in their room!!!

As long as you have the car seat set up, a few outfits, diapers, and LOVE. You're good. Try not to stress... you have over 2 months.

mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:20 AM
I completely agree. You took the words right out of my mouth!

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trenee79
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:08 AM

I don't have anything yet either. It is a tradition here in the Virgin Islands  to have a suprise baby shower. Only when I moved to Ohio I heard of someone throwing their own baby shower, it was so unheard of to me. So I usually don't buy anything until after the shower and then I see what is needed for baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)