Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BABY SHOWER

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

got any good ideas? i'm trying to get things around for my baby shower....its the 21st of AUG

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ALLYMAMA1105
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Are you throwing the shower yourself?

ALLYMAMA1105
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM

What kind of ideas do you need? for games or food?

Quoting ALLYMAMA1105:

Are you throwing the shower yourself?

mrseckstein
I always make sure I have things that are blue (or pink if you are having a girl!) i tend to have little prizes but nothing big because I am pretty cheap:) I always have small things for food!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marymarine

well, kinda....my mom is helping but its not unusual for me to throw my own.....this would be the second that i'm throwing. my mom is the one "in charge" but other than that yes

ALLYMAMA1105
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM

well this is what we are doing for mine on august 14th. hopefully it helps.

theme: Tea Party

type: Mommy sprinkle (its my 4th boy and i have alot, the only thing we need is nursing stuff, so that is all we are asking for)

decorations: blue table clothes, vases with flowers and pearls for centerpieces. food table centerpiece is a tea pot filled with flowers.

food: chicken salad crossionts, mini cheesecakes, fruit kabobs, and tea. we are doing cold tea because of the temperature.

games: only doing door prizes. prizes will be tea cups filled with a some fresh loose tea, a dried lemon wedge, and sugar cube wrapped in celophan and tied with blue ribbon.

favors: everyone get a disposible tea cup with a personalized tea bag, some sugar cubes and lemon wedge. wrapped up the same as the prizes.

starrymonkey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM

My mom and I are going shopping for last minute stuff for mine today (it's on Sunday - yay!).  Since we're doing the nursery in Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star that's the theme we're using for the shower as well.  First we went to the dollar store and got a LOT of stuff - all of the plates, napkins, utensils, streamers, and gifts for the games (actually really nice picture frames, candles & holders, things like that).  I also got blue and yellow poster board which I'm in the middle of cutting into stars - I'm going to add some glitter to them and hang them around the house.  We're going to get a bunch of little blue candles and wrap them up with a poem for favors.  

As for games, we've got a couple little things we're doing.  First, there's the diaper door prize - everyone that brings a package of diapers gets her name thrown into a raffle - we've got a nice basket full of bath salts, scrubs, things of that nature, as well as a gift card to the spa that everyone uses.  Then we've got a journal that will be set up instead of a guest book - each guest writes something nice and/or encouraging about/to the mom-to-be, so when she's having a hard day she can read all the nice things people who lover her had to say about her!  Then we're making necklaces with those little plastic pacifiers - everyone gets one, and is told that the word "cute" or something along those lines is off limits - if you hear someone say it, you take her necklace.  The person with the most necklaces at game time wins a prize.

We're also going to print off blank bingo sheets and play baby bingo - everyone writes down what they think the mom will get in the blank spots, and the first two people to get bingo win a prize.  And guess the item, where we put random baby items in brown paper bags, and everyone guesses what's in them - whoever gets the most correct wins!

For food we're doing munchy finger foods and sandwiches (I've got a star shaped sandwich cutter), mostly just appetizer type stuff.  

Now that I've written a novel, I'm going to stop!  Hahaha

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Proud mom to a Sensational kid with SPD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)