Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to get put on hospital bed rest

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM
  • 6 Replies
My dumb friend is on hospital bedrest(cervical incompinants) and i think she's doing something to herself to get that baby out sooner. And im worried about that baby, becuz her doc is saying they may take her out in a few weeks. Idk how many weeks she is becuz she's changed her dd so many times but i no she's not more than 32weeks n less than 26weeks. So is there something she could b doing to her body to make them take that baby early?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mrseckstein
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:57 AM
Some people say that if someones try "natural" laboring techniques but I wouldn't think the worse of your friend. Maybe she's just having troubles with the baby which is very common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 AM
The "problems" didnt start until i got prego and r dd's were a week apart and she told me i couldnt have my baby b4 her becuz she's older than me so her kids have to b born 1st. And by me having a cerclage she said she had an incompenant cervix.

Quoting mrseckstein:

Some people say that if someones try "natural" laboring techniques but I wouldn't think the worse of your friend. Maybe she's just having troubles with the baby which is very common.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I agree. I tried every trick in the book to get my first baby to be born (she was finally born at 43 weeks) and none of them (not even pitocin inductions) landed me on bedrest. If the hospital has here on it, odds are it's a genuine problem.

Quoting mrseckstein:

ARMYWIFEHILL
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:42 AM
Yeah, sorry but you can't really do anything to MAKE a baby come. IMO atleast.
luvmykids08_10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:07 PM
I have to disagree. There are ways around everything. Right now even with her being n the hospital she's finding ways to have sex orally performed on her, so u cant say there isnt a way. She cud be taking something that is causing harm to her body so that they can take her out early. Because she's still having sex n she's not suppose too.

Quoting abra:

I agree. I tried every trick in the book to get my first baby to be born (she was finally born at 43 weeks) and none of them (not even pitocin inductions) landed me on bedrest. If the hospital has here on it, odds are it's a genuine problem.

Quoting mrseckstein:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaceyN1121
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM

I was put on strict bed rest due to high blood pressure and a few other things that I don't fully remember, it was small and the main one was the blood pressure.... She could be doing things that bring labor on like drinking castor oil, or things along those lines

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)