Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does sex scare anyone else? (TMI maybe..)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM
  • 8 Replies

I'm not on any restrictions or anything from my doc or anything about having sex.  It's like lately, it's been either really good, or else really uncomfortable because of pressure or else dryness mainly.  Sometimes it seems like I can't feel hardly anything (as far as stimulation that is, I can feel what's there!)  I can never really predict before hand how it's going to feel obviously, so I feel really bad when I have to stop after a couple min because it's not enjoyable at all.  Anyone else have these problems?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
augustmommy951
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM

I'm 36 weeks, so I already know its not going to be enjoyaable.  But I love my husband so I would never deprive him of that or stop right in the middle.   So I "get him Ready" for a while.  Then we start doing it and by that time hes already so aroused the actual intercourse doesnt last that long.  Otherwise hes the Energizer Bunny, lol!  he has a lot of stamina, lol!

marymarine
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM

YES YES YES........unfortunetly its not just with being pregnant that i'm dry down there....use some "liquid" or vasaline.....it works wonders

imapepper
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Well, let me rephrase, I don't usually just stop-I try to keep going even though it's uncomfortable, but hubby can tell it's not enjoyable for me.  He doesn't like when I just try to please him without enjoying it myself. 

Quoting augustmommy951:

I'm 36 weeks, so I already know its not going to be enjoyaable.  But I love my husband so I would never deprive him of that or stop right in the middle.   So I "get him Ready" for a while.  Then we start doing it and by that time hes already so aroused the actual intercourse doesnt last that long.  Otherwise hes the Energizer Bunny, lol!  he has a lot of stamina, lol!

kricketcarr
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM

My husband is lucky to get sex once or twice a month because our 3 year old goes to bed so late and he totally understands. Your husband should understand if you want to take it easy for a while. I am 32 weeks and I find that I can't have sex with him comfortably so we usually foreplay and it makes him go within a few minutes when we do have sex and allieviates alot of the discomfort. I can take 3 minutes of discomfort but not 25, lol.

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Last week I started having regular contractions and slightly dilating so I put us on self imposed sex restrictions. My first son was born prematurely and they told me that most likely it was from sex the night before. Otherwisw I LOVE sex still. If I happen to be not in the mood we just flip over to doggy and he blows in like 30 seconds LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kenoma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM

LOL I use this trick even when I'm not pregnant ;0)

Zhi
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I had this problem with my first pregnancy. DH doesn't enjoy sex unless I do too so we had to stop having sex until the pregnancy was over (his choice). I even tried lots of lube but nothing would work for me. It was like the desert down there! haha... sucked... and not literally! lol. Good luck momma. Pregnancy isn't always easy!

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Have you tried using a lubricant and maybe some more foreplay? Usually when I'm not in the mood and DH is, I ask that he give me an oil massage. He works the knots out of my back and helps moisturize my skin. Usually about 20 minutes in, it turns into a sensual massage and I am ready to go.

Best of luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)