Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ýour name

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM
  • 78 Replies
What is YOUR name? How did your parents come up with it?

Due Date

August 2010 Group MOD.  Mother to Alaynie, Bridget, and CJ.  Wife to Chris. Expecting #4 on August 29th!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2the.rescue
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:19 AM

My name is Stacia.  My mom took this from my aunt.  My gramma wanted to name her Anastasia, but my grampa said it was too long and they named her Stacia Ann.  I didn't like it growing up b/c I was too shy to correct people, but now I love it.  I'm Stacia Lynn. 

SnowboardMama4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM

My name is KRYSTAL... I don't think my parents got it from anywhere, just liked it

AllanRaesMomma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM

My name is Nickia. My dad named me, but not sure how he came up with it.

cokicola
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM

My name is Victoria...I was named after my father's mother. 

Mommybear09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Lisa Rena. Was suppose to be Delisa Rena but grandma didnt like it so mom dropped the De and just called me Lisa, Rena was after my mom's bartender friend pronounced Renee

MommaBoop922
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

My name is Tara and I was named after the plantation in the book Gone With the Wind

It was my mother's favorite book and she really liked the name :) 

drealu
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:49 AM

My name is Andrea (On-drey-ah). My mother thought I was going to be a boy, so never thought up a girl name. Three days of being the in the hospital didn't help her name thinking up techniques. They told my mom I wouldn't be allowed to leave the hospital without a name...so my uncle jumped in with the name of his first girl friend. Anyway...Andrea Isabella it was!

hedzbabe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM

IDK what my dad was thinking but my name is APRIL DAWN.. I was born in April and moms labor started really early so I guess thats where it came from but he still tells me because he liked the name...

malexander2009
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:54 AM

My name is Margaret June, I am named after 2 of my great-grandmas. June was my dad's grandma and Margaret was my mom's grandma. If I have a little girl her name will be done the same way Susan Linnea.

expecting babyand hoping for a boy.

audreyr526
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:56 AM

My birth name was Trisha - I was then adopted by my grandparents, and was partially named after my mom (grandma)... they changed it to Audrey, like my "mom"/ grandma and added lynn to it.. so Audreylynn is my official first name. Lynn is attached to all of the girls' names though in my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)