Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

aggravated, need to vent (not pregnancy related) is it really my fault?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM
  • 6 Replies

So i told my friend i'd babysit for her today while they went to court if she would keep my kids for my dr's appt thursday. we got into a bit of an argument friday night because she wanted me to go to the drive in and i said i'd have to see how tired i was saturday noght. we didn't talk all day saturday. I tried to text her twice yesterday to see if they were still coming and never got any response. i slept on the couch last night since i'm sick, but woke up this morning in time just in case they were still coming. didn't bother calling again, but she usually just walks in and brings the kids, so i figured if she did show up, I'd find out lol. i didn't know dh had locked the door. i subscribe to her facebook updates, and just got one about half an hour ago that said. "unfreakingbelievable. not answering the door. hello, monday." i texted her and told her if she was talking about me, i didn't know the door was locked but i tried to get ahold of her to find out and she never responded. still no response. but i know how this is gonna go. it's gonna be all my fault and she's gonna be thoroughly pissed and i'm gonna have to take my kids to my dr's appt with me because i don't have anyone else who can watch them. th thing is, i was awake and sitting on the couch. she knows i never hear the back door. i had my phone on me, she could've called to say she was coming or tell me to come aswer the door. i mean, is this really my fault?

Here's the thing, though. She's my bestie but we fight all the time. and it's always like this, and the thing that bothers me most is that no matter WHAT the problem is, she is absolutely never wrong about anything. I don't want to lose her ahas a friend, but I don't know how to handle this, because anytime i ever point out anything SHE did wrong, she just shoots back with something mean and hurtful because that's how she fights. I would love to just give her time to cool off, but we haven't talked in 3 days, which is crazy. I don't know if i should wait till later and call her, or what.

Pregnancy%20ticker
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
excougarmama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Not your fault.

kysmom642
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM

I think it is just a miscommunication. I hope she can see that.. =)

marissaj125
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:30 AM

nope.

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I really don't think it is your fault. It sounds like she needs to grow up a little. My sister is  that way and i do stay away from her. I really don't need the stress. I wouldn't text or call. Let her act like a little kid. If she needed you to sit that bad she would have made sure you were up and ready for her. I always call ahead of time to make sure the person that is sitting for me is ready.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Not your fault. Give it at least until late Thurs or Friday to blow over.. don't try to make up with her then get her to watch your kids right now.. she might feel a little taken advantage of (which isn't what your intentions are!)

mstevens10
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM
Agree

Quoting sweet_bumblbee:

I really don't think it is your fault. It sounds like she needs to grow up a little. My sister is  that way and i do stay away from her. I really don't need the stress. I wouldn't text or call. Let her act like a little kid. If she needed you to sit that bad she would have made sure you were up and ready for her. I always call ahead of time to make sure the person that is sitting for me is ready.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)