Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training..

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM
  • 10 Replies

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to potty train? 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM

We bribed our daughter. We tried when she was 2, but I was pregnant and she was a having a rough time remembering to tell me or run to the bathroom in time (she really gets into playing and just forgets to pay attention). So we stopped and tried again when she was 3. We gave her a small chocolate candy for going pee and that worked well. We had to bribe up to those half size candy bars to get a twosie out of her, though, but that was only for a couple weeks. :-) We used pullups at night until her pullups began to come back dry in the morning. She is 4 1/2 now and fully potty trained day and night.

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM
When I took away all diapers underwear and pants (bareass method) ds was fully trained in a week and staying dry all night by the 3rd night. He is 3 and we are almost 3 weeks diaper free. Is yours a boy or girl?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM

a girl..  Im still trying to decide if its too early though..  Shes showing signs that shes ready..  When I got in and go she wants to sit on it when I get off...  But shes only 18 months and I was thinking that was still too early...

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:11 PM
My son started mimicking at about that age. We even had a few successful attempts on the potty. Dont get too excited like I did tho. I was ready to toss everything then cuz I thought he was ready. But I have heard that girls train earlier so maybe? How about everytime you go to the bathroom you have her sit on her potty too. Even if shes not ready it will teach her something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:19 PM

yea Ive been thinking about putting her potty in there as well and having her go when I do.. 

saabgirl88
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I just finished training my DD, she will be 2 next Sunday.  She was dry by her self for 2 weeks at night I told her if she can be dry at night, then she can be dry during the day.  I tried padded training pants and she still had endless accidents.  She finally got it when I put her in panties, took her about 3 or 4 days to figure out.  We also used M&Ms (2 for pee and 4 for poo) now she doesn't ask for them except every so often.  good luck!

Mrs.Custer
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Still early

Just put her on the potty here and there

Then read her a potty book -- They have Dora and Elmo -- which every she loves...

Good Luck....

Mrs.Jolly
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:26 PM
When she askes let her and maybe get her the pull ups that get cold when they potty and use them instead of a diaper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrspreggers14
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:31 PM

We bought those little bite sized hersey bars..  And I told her that if she goes pee pee in the potty she can have one and she nodded so we will see..  Im just worried about confusing her..

abra
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I think if I were you I'd go ahead and give it a try, but if it becomes frustrating for either of you, just to take a step back and try again in a couple months. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)