Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for breastfeeding moms that do NOT use nursing bras

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM
  • 13 Replies

if you don't use nursing bras...what do u use or do then?? im curious to know if nursing bras are a MUST HAVE thing or just for convenience?!?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amy31308
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:34 AM

I use nursing tanks... I would be lost without them!!! Must have!

HardyGirl19
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I use a nursing tank top. It has a little button to undo the strp. I love it! It works wayyy better then nursing bras. Good luck! I got it at walmart,

abra

I just hiked up my regular bras. I've tried nursing bras, but I prefer to have better support (due to back problems). However, I should mention that I don't generally have nursing problems (like clogged ducts or anything) so I have never had to be really careful with the twins.

YoRkIeMaMa2009

And what happens if you leak? I could be in a grocery store and hear a baby crying and I would leak when I was nursing. I can't live without a bra and nursing pads. They are uncomfortable as hell but I've lived through the embarrasment in public with wet boob spots. lol.

Quoting amy31308:

***Proud Army Wife of an Infantry Soldier***

Mom.Since07
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM

i just pull my boob out over my bra, or pull it out under, depending on how the bra is shaped and which was is easier. 

ive never used a nursing bra

llove12
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:39 AM

I used a regualr bra and either slipped my boob out the bottom or top (depending on the style of shirt I had on) to nurse. When you put it out the bottom and position the babies head right, you don't even need a cover.

jenniferlee_12
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I do have a couple nursing bras, but I also use normal bras and either pull my boob up out of it on under it and I use sports bras that hook in the front and unhook all but the bottom hook and pull my boob out.

Melame68
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:54 AM

i thought they would be jsut a convienience. i had them with my first and with my second i decided to go without and jsut used normal bras and pull them down......that lasted about 6 days before i went and bought nursing bras. nursing attire whether it be tanks or bras are MUST HAVE

amy31308
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I use nursing pads. I've been breast feeding for 7 weeks now and have never had a single leak ( I use either johnsons or medelas nursing pads.. prefer medela!) And I leak alot sometimes but the pads catch them all.. a tank is really no different than a nursing bra other than the fact that it covers your whole stomach :) So when I pull my shirt up I'm still completely covered!

Quoting YoRkIeMaMa2009:

And what happens if you leak? I could be in a grocery store and hear a baby crying and I would leak when I was nursing. I can't live without a bra and nursing pads. They are uncomfortable as hell but I've lived through the embarrasment in public with wet boob spots. lol.

Quoting amy31308:

llove12
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Probably just puts nursing pads into her tank.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)